All Topics / Help Needed! / Aussie Home Loans and Mortgage Choice?

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Profile photo of propertymistropropertymistro
    @propertymistro

Are Aussie and Mortgage Choice the way to go to get the best home loan?

Cheers..

Profile photo of Richard TaylorRichard Taylor
    Participant
    @qlds007

Why they are merely a franchise and you get as good a service and advice as the person who works for or who owns the franchise.

In many cases these Broker have nil or next to nil in the way of experience and hence have to join and organisation such as mentioned merely to forge relationships and to try and get some business from the master franchise marketing.

Richard Taylor | Australia's leading private lender

Profile photo of mickjohnmickjohn
    @mickjohn

its a big generalisation, but I have never had a good experience from a broker through a franchise. If you want to use a broker, go for an independent that has been referred by a friend.

Profile photo of TerrywTerryw
    Participant
    @terryw

This is like asking Is Mcdonalds the way to go for a healthy meal?

Terryw | Structuring Lawyers Pty Ltd / Loan Structuring Pty Ltd
    http://www.Structuring.com.au
    Email Me

Lawyer, Mortgage Broker and Tax Advisor (Sydney based but advising Aust wide) http://www.Structuring.com.au

Profile photo of Richard TaylorRichard Taylor
    Participant
    @qlds007

lol very true Terry or will your Bank tell you the truth.

Richard Taylor | Australia's leading private lender

Profile photo of BankerBanker
    Participant
    @banker

I would buy a broker industry magazine or similar and go for someone with some industry recongnition e.g. Has won some awards or similar.

I don’t know the exact stats however the average broker in Australia settles less than 700k per month. Let’s say 2-3 deals. Although the industry is tightening up there are still a lot of cowboys that struggle putting a deal together.

If they don’t write volume (like the average broker) they won’t have all accreditations as CBA, Westpac and some other lenders have put minimum volume requirements in place : – or the brokers accreditation gets cancelled. CBA have axed over 5000 with more cuts to brokers being made. Westpac have similar numbers.

A good broker is worth their weight in gold. If they are a one man show I’d look for someone a little more established…

Profile photo of CSmithCSmith
    Participant
    @csmith

I agree with Banker – go with someone who has runs on the board.

http://www.prlog.org/10195970-mortgage-choice-wins-big-at-2009-mfaa-awards.html

Profile photo of god_of_moneygod_of_money
    Participant
    @god_of_money

Totally Agree.. you need a good broker that can do deals and on the 'ball'

With the mortgage choice/Aussie.. it depends on the operator

Profile photo of BankerBanker
    Participant
    @banker

Nice to have your post followed by a promotional advertisement.

Profile photo of DWolfeDWolfe
    Participant
    @dwolfe

That's the problem with saturation advertising…..

D

DWolfe | www.homestagers.com.au
    http://www.homestagers.com.au
    Email Me

Profile photo of mickjohnmickjohn
    @mickjohn
    CSmith wrote:
    I agree with Banker – go with someone who has runs on the board.

http://www.prlog.org/10195970-mortgage-choice-wins-big-at-2009-mfaa-awards.html

– 2nd post barely makes you someone that runs on any board.
    Your post has validated several of the previous points.

Profile photo of EvaCDEvaCD
    @evacd

One point of distinction between Mortgage Choice and Aussie – Mortgage Choice does not sell their own home loans while Aussie does. Mortgage Choice is also publically listed, I believe.

Profile photo of fredo_4305fredo_4305
    Participant
    @fredo_4305

I think there is good and bad in every organisation and in every line of work.  There will be good and bad brokers from a big company and the same for independant brokers.  I have used Aussie, Mortgage Choice and an Independant Broker who has their own bussiness that is not a franchise.

Aussie and the Independant Broker were rubbish.  The mortgage choice broker was fantastic.  Pays to shop around and speak to your peer group or even take reccomendations of the forum.  Or hit up a couple of the Brokers on the FORUM.

Profile photo of goldiesgoldies
    @goldies

I used an independent broker first time around – 3 years ago and she was Fantastic. We used her because we used someone from Mortgage choice who was a pushy, horrible woman who gave us incorrect info.

we are currently using a family friend who works for Aussie and find him to be wonderful and patient and gives great advice and if he doesnt know something (we are all human), then he finds out and gets back to us.

so mixed bag really..

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.