All Topics / Overseas Deals / Hedging against foreign investments

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Profile photo of bmhbmh
    Participant
    @bmh

HI everyone,
    as we all know investing in property overseas has many risks, one major being the forex fluctuations. This post is just to see if anyone that has invested in overseas property has hedged their investments buy purchasing currencies. Ie, with the AUD at around 83cents to the USD, as a safe guard against the ozzie dollar rising again, i would like to purchase AUD in the amount of the US property.
    Has anyone had any experiences with this type of hedging, and if so could they recommend a brokerage product?
    Feel free to post you opinions.

Profile photo of djjkdjjk
    Participant
    @djjk

Forex is a risk I wasn’t planning to take, hence I borrowed in usd via seller financing. Best bet is to try to source financing over there rather than rely on an aud line of credit imo. To answer your original question though I don’t know of any avenues for hedging sorry.

Profile photo of bmhbmh
    Participant
    @bmh

Thanks ambosh,
    i strongly agree, ideally i would prefer to finance the property in the states, although i have faced difficulties as a foreigner with irregular work patterns to get this. However, I will continue to look for finance in the states…

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.