All Topics / Heads Up! / Govt buying up big blocks.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Profile photo of DWolfeDWolfe
    Participant
    @dwolfe

Anyone got any experience with this. A few REA have been rattling on about DHS (Vic) buying up large sub-dividable blocks, or whole blocks of units etc in areas. Anyone heard this rattle?

My question would be, does this mean I have to compete with Tom, Dick, Harry and KRUDD to develop? Does this work in a plus that I can flog off presales to the govt?

Just curious.

D

DWolfe | www.homestagers.com.au
    http://www.homestagers.com.au
    Email Me

Profile photo of TroodygTroodyg
    @troodyg

They have just done this in a big way in Cairns- pushing through development above local council regulations in a hurry to  try to combat our double figure unemployment. There is quite a lot of stuff in the media about it.

They just bought a block further up the road from me just over 1000m2 in the city for over $700,000 (Cairns remember)

Boy do I wish my block was bigger! looking forward to the next suburb stats!

Profile photo of oscaroscar
    @oscar
    DWolfe wrote:
    Anyone got any experience with this. A few REA have been rattling on about DHS (Vic) buying up large sub-dividable blocks, or whole blocks of units etc in areas. Anyone heard this rattle?

My question would be, does this mean I have to compete with Tom, Dick, Harry and KRUDD to develop? Does this work in a plus that I can flog off presales to the govt?

Just curious.

D

DHS buying is over for the moment. Stage 2 buying needs to settle by Dec 2010.

I'm in the process of building 3 units for them in Warragul. They found me the site and got the planning permit for me in 4 weeks. Council had very little they could object to. Having said that, it did comply with Rescode.

Cheers
    Oscar

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.