All Topics / Creative Investing / House of my dreams

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Profile photo of ELJELJ
    @elj

There is a house that is up for auction on May 29 that I would REALLY like to buy. They are looking at offers of $1.5million and up.

I don't have a permanent job, nor do I have any cash.

I would love to be able to buy this house before it goes to auction and figure that about $2.2-2.5million would be sufficient to take it off the market immediately.

Any ideas of how I might be able to fund this? Anybody out there looking to donate to a VERY worthy cause who needs a house for comfort and security and the space to live and breathe and work?

While this is a long-shot, I am quite serious about my request and would love any help, advice, humour that anyone has.

Thanks!
    Em

Profile photo of sonyasalsonyasal
    @sonyasal

I don' t like your chances, you are not offering anything in return to anyone

Profile photo of DWolfeDWolfe
    Participant
    @dwolfe

Sounds a lot like my house…….that I would eventually like to own. Guess I'll just have to work like blazes to get it. Nobody ever values anything they get for free.

D

DWolfe | www.homestagers.com.au
    http://www.homestagers.com.au
    Email Me

Profile photo of House CallHouse Call
    @house-call
    ELJ wrote:
    There is a house that is up for auction on May 29 that I would REALLY like to buy. They are looking at offers of $1.5million and up.

I don't have a permanent job, nor do I have any cash.

I would love to be able to buy this house before it goes to auction and figure that about $2.2-2.5million would be sufficient to take it off the market immediately.

Any ideas of how I might be able to fund this? Anybody out there looking to donate to a VERY worthy cause who needs a house for comfort and security and the space to live and breathe and work?

While this is a long-shot, I am quite serious about my request and would love any help, advice, humour that anyone has.

Thanks!
    Em

I have a job and some cash and I would have buckleys getting that kind of money. You'd have even less chance from the sounds of it.

Also I wouldn't call that a VERY worthy cause.  I'd call it a totally unrealistic waste of money.  Someone else's pipe dream.

My suggestion is aim lower.  It is free to dream.  Everyone has a dream, and it gives you energy when you have got a good one.  But I think your dream needs to be tainted with realism.

Good luck

Profile photo of fWordfWord
    Participant
    @fword

Hi there, EM,

I'm a large investor with significant holdings in both shares and property. My portfolio has been expanding over the last 12 years and the sole beneficiaries are people such as yourself who require a roof over your head and basic necessities for life. We do not judge by socioeconomic status, race or age.

Unfortunately, our company will only subsidise detached houses within 25km of the Melbourne CBD that are worth $210,000 or less as we believe a house costing over $2 million classifies as a luxurious castle, not the shack in a slum that we advocate people to live in.

Sorry buddy!

Call on me when you actually find a detached house in metro Victoria worth $210,000 or less, and we can discuss.

IF you can find one. LOL

Profile photo of DWolfeDWolfe
    Participant
    @dwolfe

Brutal.

D

DWolfe | www.homestagers.com.au
    http://www.homestagers.com.au
    Email Me

@sonyasal

Brutal but fair, why should we be asked to fund someone's extravagant dream when we, ourselves in all liklihood do not live in such a property. I have a suggestion for ELJ, How about you learn a thing called delayed gratification and wait until you can afford such a home. In the meantime I suggest getting a job and formulating a budget and sticking to it so that one day you may achieve your dream. Meanwhile I will be working to achieve my own dream and helping my children achieve their dreams.

Profile photo of fWordfWord
    Participant
    @fword

Haha, I think this whole thing is a joke. Nevertheless, humour was one of the things requested, amongst other things like 'help' and 'advice'. I'm stuck in the shits myself and hence no advice shall be given, and neither am I well-endowed enough to help, so humour is the way to go.

By the way, while we're at it…my dream house is a 2 bedroom, 2 bathroom shack by the sea costing under $550K. Anyone wanna donate to that? ROFL

@sonyasal

oh look while we are talking dreams i want a five bedroom house, two bathrooms, inground saltwater pool, couple of acres for some horses for the kids and helipad to be able to travel to anywhere that i want to go without having to sit in traffic for hours

Profile photo of crustycrusty
    Participant
    @crusty

ELJ. I think you have low expectations, why not aim a bit higher.

Profile photo of v8ghiav8ghia
    @v8ghia

Hasn't the Melbourne comedy festival just finished?

Profile photo of yoyo galaxyyoyo galaxy
    @yoyo-galaxy

ELJ, may i suggest you a solution: keep dreaming! or take more drugs!

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.