All Topics / Help Needed! / Residential Tenancy Agreement for Private tenanting

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Profile photo of propertyboypropertyboy
    Participant
    @propertyboy

I want to lease a place out by advertising myself I dont want to pay agent commisions.

Is this website any good? Are the documents legally sound? Do they meet the relevant Acts/legislation requirements to be an enforceable contract?

http://www.lawcentral.com.au/CreateDoc/createlink.asp?docId=167

This is the Residential Tenancy Agreement document I am thinking of purchasing, will it hold up in court or is this site a "fake"?

Profile photo of RentalExpertRentalExpert
    @rentalexpert

Without logging into the site to determine if this Residential Tenancy Agreement is legally sound, it's hard to comment.  However, I'd suggest one of two options for you, if you are really determined to avoid using an agent for continued management:

1. Most news agents stock Residential Tenancy Agreements which you can purchase and complete (usually by hand).  These are legally enforceable.  So provided you're familiar with exactly how to draw up the agreement (just the smallest mistake in the lease agreement can make it null and void), you'll be fine with an agreement like this.
    2. In some cases, you can use a Property Management Agency to draw up the lease, collect and lodge the bond on your behalf, and complete the Ingoing Residential Premises Condition report (which also needs to be completed accurately to be enforceable).  The Property Management Agency will charge you a "casual leasing fee" (usually somewhere between 1 and 4 weeks rent) to complete this on your behalf.

Hopefully this information will help you get started on your new tenancy agreement

Profile photo of number 8number 8
    Participant
    @number-8

As above, lease packs are purchased from the news-agents or a post office.

http://www.birchcorp.com.au

Profile photo of ClairepopvichClairepopvich
    Participant
    @clairepopvich

Hi propertyboy, we (hubby and I) just had to find new tenants, and based on some comments on ths site used landlordschoice.com.au  to advertise our property on realestate.com.au. Part of the deal was a legal pack, maybe you can get it from them for free?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.