All Topics / Help Needed! / Purchased 2 br unit in prime location for 750k

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Profile photo of propertyboypropertyboy
    Participant
    @propertyboy

However, it can only get around $550-600 a week rent. Main goal is capital growth

What is the highest rent a house/unit/apartment could get me a week if I was to buy at 750k? I am talking giving straight to a real estate agent to rent out on the market, no value add etc by renting out myself and doing renos etc.

Are there any places were you can buy a 750k place and get say, 900 a week rent?

Profile photo of Paul DobsonPaul Dobson
    Participant
    @pauldobson

Hi propertyboy

You may get returns and prices like that up in the north west of Western Australia, in towns associated with the large mineral and oil & gas developments in the area.  However there's never a free lunch ;-)  Oil and mining booms do bust at times.

Cheers,  Paul

Paul Dobson | Vendor Finance Institute
    http://www.vendorfinanceinstitute.com.au
    Email Me | Phone Me

An alternative way to finance your home.

Profile photo of sonyasalsonyasal
    @sonyasal

I know different people have different investing strategies, i have just signed contracts on a 2x2bed units with carport for $180K returning a total of $260/week. Could easily be $280/week, vendor has kept rent lower because they are good tenants.

Profile photo of blackhotelblackhotel
    Participant
    @blackhotel

I bought a 2 b/r unit in Coogee NSW right on the beach for $840K, did some reno's and it has been rented for $1500pw fully furn for the past 3 years. He just signed another 2 year lease. BUT, this was just plain LUCKY. Captial growth is AWESOME, just got valued at $1.3mil. But I have a place in Drummoyne NSW valued at $1.5mil and I'm only getting $980pw. Tried to get $1100pw but was empty for 3 x mths. Tis is all a gamble just like the stock market. No one really knows where the best deal is, just like no one knows the best stock to buy. If we all knew then we would all be megga rich by now.

mattnz
    Participant
    @mattnz

Places like The Rocks in Sydney have that potential in the corporate rental market as furnished apartments.

Profile photo of JessWJessW
    @jessw
    sonyasal wrote:
    I know different people have different investing strategies, i have just signed contracts on a 2x2bed units with carport for $180K returning a total of $260/week. Could easily be $280/week, vendor has kept rent lower because they are good tenants.

Hi Sonya – would love to know where you purchased these units? Sounds like a great deal…
    Cheers
    Jess

Profile photo of sonyasalsonyasal
    @sonyasal

Hi, Leeton NSW

Profile photo of Oztorro19Oztorro19
    @oztorro19

Blackhotel, Coogee is a hard suburb to beat both in capital growth and yield. As local at Coogee and an agent for over 15 years locally, I have seen buyers make millions from your suburb however I have also seen buyers who brought at the peak go broke.

Most of the happy stories however come from blue chip suburbs like Coogee.

Happy investing.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.