All Topics / Finance / Borrowing in an entity and Commercial rates.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Profile photo of binscabbinscab
    Participant
    @binscab

Hi guys

I'm about to purchase my 2nd property with a partner and want to purchase it in a 50/50 unit trust.

I also want the loan to be in the name of the entity, this way I can borrow more in the future in the another entity (according to Steve's book)

I've been to a few banks and have been knocked back by the personal mortgage financiers, they say they cannot lend to an entity.

I've been directed to commercial lending, however the rates are alot higher – I was wondering, is there anyway around this? To be able to borrow at home loan rates in the name of an entity?

Thanks in advance

Scab

Profile photo of binscabbinscab
    Participant
    @binscab
    binscab wrote:
    I also want the loan to be in the name of the entity, this way I can borrow more in the future in the another entity (according to Steve's book)

Ignore that bit, I just did a search and seems like it's a myth.

If this is the case, then would it just be much simpler to write the loan in our personal names but purchase the property in the entity?

Profile photo of binscabbinscab
    Participant
    @binscab

"I also want the loan to be in the name of the entity, this way I can borrow more in the future in the another entity (according to Steve's book)"

Ignore that bit! I just did a search and seems like the consensus is that it's a myth.

If that's the case, should I just borrow the money in our personal names and have the property in the entity?

Profile photo of Richard TaylorRichard Taylor
    Participant
    @qlds007

Bin

Yes it is a myth but yes you can there are the odd lender left who will lend to a Unit Trust.

Richard Taylor | Australia's leading private lender

Profile photo of TerrywTerryw
    Participant
    @terryw

A trust is not really an entity. The trustee of the trust is the legal owner of the property and so the title goes in their name – a personal name or a company – or a combination.

Terryw | Structuring Lawyers Pty Ltd / Loan Structuring Pty Ltd
    http://www.Structuring.com.au
    Email Me

Lawyer, Mortgage Broker and Tax Advisor (Sydney based but advising Aust wide) http://www.Structuring.com.au

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.