All Topics / Help Needed! / Help with Council failing to endorse a VCAT order

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Profile photo of itsandrewitsandrew
    Participant
    @itsandrew

Hi there,

I have recently sold my IP subject to council endorsement of a VCAT order approving a TPP.  The council is Dandenong, Vic.  The council's town planning departement are stalling, but worse for me are working against the VCAT order. 

The council are asking for documents not required by the conditions of the VCAT order.  They are asking for pre VCAT plans already supplied as part of the VCAT discovery process.  They are not accepting the solution agreed to at VCAT but are after one to their preference (more cost and time delay to me).  They are also not accepting the final plans submitted because they dont like the architects document numbers that he uses for his own filing purposes.

Chronology: Discovery of documents for VCAT second week of December 09 (as per required process).  VCAT hearing first week of Feb.  The VCAT order was made mid March.  My apllication for endorsement was submitted at the end of April.  I sold my IP on May 1. Settlement agreed to for Juy 1.  Two days ago I followed up with council and they gave me the story as above.

All documentation as per VCAT order has been submitted.  I have a very helpful and willing team of a town planner and architect and we are trying to negotiate the endorsement but so far are not getting very far.

Is there anything else I can do?  Is there a board or panel in VCAT (or elswhere) that I can refer the matter to or take advice from?  I have discussed the matter with the council's town planner and his team leader.

I believe that the council is obstructing the VCAT order. 

Any suggestions, comments will be greatly received.

Thanks in advance,

Andrew

itsandrew

Go as far as you can see and you will see further.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.