All Topics / Help Needed! / To stick with Rental Manager or do it myself????

Viewing 9 posts - 21 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • Profile photo of sam2011sam2011
    @sam2011

i guess it really depends where you are buying, in orange they charge me 8.8% and in ryde nsw 5%…thats a big variance to me

Profile photo of Danno11Danno11
    @danno11

thats great news Jess. I know am certainly going to sleep better tonight.  Says he who writing on forums at 1am.. Honestly though, good decision, its not worth the hassle.

Profile photo of JessWJessW
    @jessw

Thanks Danno – glad I'm helping you with a good night's sleep!

Yep – def a good decision. I think I need to learn the ropes a bit more before I tackle property management.

Cheers
    Jess

Profile photo of milliondollarmaniacmilliondollarmaniac
    @milliondollarmaniac

Hey Jess,

Just wondering is your RE a national company or just a local company?

Profile photo of KateMelbKateMelb
    @katemelb

Jess, contrary to the myths, self-managing is really very easy. I only use a PM to find a tenant. Once they're in, I take over and in all the years I've done this with a number of properties, I've never had any issues with evictions or Tribunals – finding a good tenant in the first place and treating them with respect and courtesy once they're in is probably why!

@jessw
    milliondollarmaniac wrote:
    Hey Jess,

Just wondering is your RE a national company or just a local company?

Hey – it's First National Real Estate – I purchased the property through them also, so ended up with a discount on the Property Management – normally 8% + GST, I got it for 7% + GST. So probably quite a good deal really.

@jessw

Hi KateMelb – I'm still certainly interested in self-managing in the future – I'll check out your website – wish I had of looked at it before I made the decision to go with the PM!!! I was struggling to find easy to understand, straightforward info about self-managing…..

Cheers,
    Jess

Profile photo of KateMelbKateMelb
    @katemelb
    JessW wrote:
    Hi KateMelb – I'm still certainly interested in self-managing in the future – I'll check out your website – wish I had of looked at it before I made the decision to go with the PM!!! I was struggling to find easy to understand, straightforward info about self-managing…..

Cheers,
    Jess

Jess, we were in your shoes when we started self-managing in order to save money on PM fees, which is why Rentwise was created. As we're still in development stage, we're looking for self-managers to try Rentwise out for free, for as long as they like. If you (or anyone else reading this) is interested, please jump online and sign up. No payment or contracts involved. We're just after your feedback and suggestions for how to make self-management as easy and even fun as possible.

@jessw

sounds great kate – I'll have a good look over your website and get back to you.

Cheers,
    Jess

Viewing 9 posts - 21 through 29 (of 29 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.