All Topics / Forum Frolic / Dude who predicted the GFC

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Profile photo of ChizChiz
    Participant
    @chiz

I read a headline yesterday (Monday) about the guy who predicted the GFC had been commenting on the state of the Australian economy and housing market. He was saying he thought the Australian housing market is overheated and is about to burst.

I was going to go back and read the whole article but now I can’t find it (and I can’t remember his name – which makes it hard to Google! double Doh!)

I know our market is running hot but I don’t think it’s going to bust simply because demand is high – I’d still like read what he’s got to say.

Does anyone know who I’m talking about and did you read anything (could you even post a link to an article online?)

Thanks in advance,

Profile photo of god_of_moneygod_of_money
    Participant
    @god_of_money

which dude?
    To my knowledge, I don't think anyone had predicted GFC… only in retrospective
    He or she would make zillions of dollars if can predict the GFC

mattnz
    Participant
    @mattnz

Many people were ridiculed for predicting the GFC, some of the most notable are Nouriel Roubini, (AKA Dr Doom) and Peter Schiff. If you google Peter Schiff you will see many you tube clips where he is arguing his case strongly against other “so called experts”.

Profile photo of thirstythirsty
    @thirsty

I read an article on news.com.au and it was Edward Chancellor……saying the housing market will implode. Hope thats the one u thinking of

Profile photo of kpwkhankpwkhan
    @kpwkhan

I think it was Marc Faber

Profile photo of Danno11Danno11
    @danno11

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/business/news/recovery-too-fast-says-man-who-predicted-the-gfc/story-e6frg90o-1225783110632

Recovery too fast, says man who predicted the GFC 

NEW York University Professor Nouriel Roubini, who accurately predicted the financial crisis, said stock and commodity markets may drop in coming months as the gradual pace of the economic recovery disappointed investors.

Profile photo of Dan42Dan42
    @dan42

It may have been Steve Keen. He's constantly telling people he predicted the GFC.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.