All Topics / Help Needed! / Buying a propert with tenant in place

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Profile photo of LouloubellLouloubell
    @louloubell

Hello
    I am interested in buying a property that has a tenant in place with a contract for 2years with 12mth option…. problem is I want to live in the property… can anyone tell me whether I can have the tenant out before I move in? I am new to WA and dont know the rules
    PLEASE HELP!!!!!

Profile photo of Paul DobsonPaul Dobson
    Participant
    @pauldobson

Hi Lou

About the only way I can think of possibly moving them on, is to offer them money.  It's very difficult to move a tenant with a lease and can normally only be accomplished with their consent.

Cheers,  Paul

Paul Dobson | Vendor Finance Institute
    http://www.vendorfinanceinstitute.com.au
    Email Me | Phone Me

An alternative way to finance your home.

Profile photo of maree_bradrossmaree_bradross
    @maree_bradross

You would have to check with your states legislation but in Victoria you can evict a tenant with 60 days notice if you or a family member need to move into the house. If you use this option there is rules about when it can be rented again though.

Why don't you make your offer subject to vacant possession and let the vendor sort it out? May just mean a longer settlement.

Profile photo of KateMelbKateMelb
    @katemelb
    maree_bradross wrote:
    You would have to check with your states legislation but in Victoria you can evict a tenant with 60 days notice if you or a family member need to move into the house. If you use this option there is rules about when it can be rented again though.

Why don't you make your offer subject to vacant possession and let the vendor sort it out? May just mean a longer settlement.

Actually Maree in Victoria a landlord can only evict tenants on 14 days' notice before the end of the lease in order to live in the property if they previously lived in the property immediately before the tenant or immediately before the previous (2nd) tenant (if there was one).

If the lease has expired, the tenants can be evicted on 60 days notice to allow the landlord's family to move in.

Profile photo of maree_bradrossmaree_bradross
    @maree_bradross

ahhh thanks for the clarification Kate. When we spoke to Consumer Affairs the lease was open

Profile photo of LouloubellLouloubell
    @louloubell

Thanks guys for your help!!
    Will take all the suggestions into consideration…
    wish me luck
    LOU

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.