All Topics / Finance / Mortgage calculator

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Profile photo of keikokeiko
    Participant
    @keiko

Hi, I was just wondering if the mortgage calculators on different bank websites are accurate when you load in your details and it says you can borrow x amount, is this normaly approx what you can borrow from that bank?

reason for asking is because I put my details in and it said what I could borrow but it does not ask for details on properties you own, so I put in the mortgage amounts in the expense box and it gave me a figure I could borrow.

I went to my broker and he put the details in his mortgage calculator which is what I guess the bank uses but it did ask for each mortgage etc and the result came well below what I had worked out on the banks website calculator.

Is the banks website calculator a guide only?
    or has my broker ………. ………… ???

Profile photo of BankerBanker
    Participant
    @banker

Guide only. Might be right for first home buyers without multiple income streams and liabilities. If you have a few properties it won’t work.

Profile photo of keikokeiko
    Participant
    @keiko
    Banker wrote:
    Guide only. Might be right for first home buyers without multiple income streams and liabilities. If you have a few properties it won’t work.

Thanks again Banker

Yep got a few properties so that will be why its different.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.