Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Profile photo of LeftyLefty
    @lefty

Hi

Just wondering if anyone has dealt with Surat Basin Homes or any other builders. Have any info/thoughts on Surat basin as area to invest.

Regards
    Lefty

Profile photo of fingerscrossedfingerscrossed
    Participant
    @fingerscrossed

Surat Basin Homes have just completed a duplex pair for me in Chinchilla.  I found them to be very informative and helpful.  I am Victoria based but flew to chinchilla to check out their work.  My husband is in the building industry and he was very impressed with their standard of work.  we have been dealing with Steve Bradford from Surat Basin Homes for the past 5 months and have not have any problems at all.  everything has gone perfectly to plan. Handover for my units is tomorrow and we have a tenant moving in on Saturday – gotta be happy with that :-)

Profile photo of LeftyLefty
    @lefty

Hi Fingers-crossed,

What was the estate that you bought in? Who is your property manager?
    Who did you get as tenants-I.E. Individuals or company.
    Did you get the returns you expected?

I am  planning to buy 3 properties from them in the next 18-24 months. 1 in Chinchilla, 2 in Miles. I have mainly dealt with Steven & I agree so far with you which I glad to hear.

Regards
    Lefty.

Profile photo of fingerscrossedfingerscrossed
    Participant
    @fingerscrossed

Hi again Lefty

I am using Tess/Angela at Elders Real Estate.  I had each unit with a seperate agency with the incentive of whoever rented the 1st property they would secure management rights to both units.  Elders rented the first one.  Having said that – the potential tenant pulled out this morning due to her contract of sale on her PPR falling over :-(

There is a new lady in town named Pam and she is starting up her own agency which she is calling Surat basin real estate.  She should be operational by the end of next week.  Her number is 07 4669 1790.

I built in Gaske Lane which is on the edge of Bottletree estate.

The tenant that was going to move in was an individual.  Not too many companys looking for accomodation at the moment.  Rentals are really quiet.  Hopefully the calm before the storm.

The rental return was way below what i was told i would get.  I have them listed for $320.  The depreciation should make them neautraly geared tho.  I am only prepared to take 6 month leases due to the impending increase in demand expected in around 3 – 6 months.

I too am having a good look at Miles and have an expression of interest  on a block of land there which i hope to build on.

hope this helps

debbie   

Profile photo of hleunghleung
    Participant
    @hleung

I have taken out a contract with Surat Basin Homes to build a house and land package.  I am impressed with their product, being far superior to anything else around.  I have been dealing with Di Ewen who has been more than helpful.

There is a program on the Surat Basin, and in particular Chinchilla, this coming Sunday 9th May on ABC Landline at 12 midday.

Profile photo of JPS25JPS25
    Participant
    @jps25

We have just done our handover for our first Investment IP with Steve Bradford from Surat Basin Homes at the beginning of this month. We also have a tenant ready to sign a lease starting in July. Both Steve and Jay were very helpful and proffessional in thier approach to everything. The house was built to a very good standard and are definetly one of the better builders around in the area. I would recomomend them to anybody wishing to build in the Surat Basin. We also have an expression of interest on a block of land in Miles.
    Our prospective tenant is will to pay the $400 rent the initially wanted 12 months but possibly going to go for 6 months instead. We are new to this any advice as to weather to stick out for 12 months or except 6 months in the hope that by January things will have started to take off would be very helpful 
    Thankyou

Participant
    @jps25

We have just had confirmation of a 12 month lease being signed. I think this can only reflect the high standards that Surat Basin Homes put in. I would definetly recommend them

Profile photo of Mcubed82Mcubed82
    @mcubed82

Hi JPS
    Just reading this,
    can u please give me an idea as to what u paid for the property to get this sort of rent, $400

cheers
    Mel

Profile photo of GiumelliGroupGiumelliGroup
    @giumelligroup

Warren and the team at Surat Basin Homes are a great bunch of guys. We have dealt with them many times before and use them for some of our stock.

Check out our website http://www.aifinance.net.au as we provide house and land packages in this region Chinchilla, Roma, Tara, Dalby, Miles etc all of which are achieving superior rental yields.

Good luck.

Trent Giumelli
    Director – AIF
    0404 902 623
    [email protected]
    http://www.aifinance.net.au

Participant
    @jps25
    Mcubed82 wrote:
    Hi JPS
    Just reading this,
    can u please give me an idea as to what u paid for the property to get this sort of rent, $400

cheers
    Mel

Hi,Mcubed82

We bought the land last year along with the house as an all in one package on 2 contracts direct from Suratbasin Homes take a look at their website http://www.suratbasinhomes.com.au and speak to Steve Bradford you can tell him Jean and Paul S from the Sunshine Coast recommended him. He is very good and so is Jay as are all the staff at Suratbasin Homes. For both land and a 4 bed 227sm house we paid just under $370,000 prices have since gone up quite a bit since. There are other builders out there but their houses are not fetching the same rent as the quality is not of the same standard.
    They are also selling land in Miles as well as in Chinchilla.
    Goodluck

JPS25

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.