All Topics / Value Adding / Renovating a kitchen in Perth

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Profile photo of midnite69midnite69
    @midnite69

Hi,just wondering if anyone in Perth knows how to do up a kitchen on a budget-mine is pretty small but needs a major makeover-saw some at Mitre 10 that looked pretty nice but then would need to find someone to install it-any tips would b apreciated-I dont really like the shiny cupboards that Bunnings sells,and would need a new oven etc too,thanks!

Profile photo of christianbchristianb
    Participant
    @christianb

Not sure if IKEA is in Perth, but I just installed a new IKEA kitchen and other cabinets and they were simple to put together and look the goods too.

Profile photo of suavemechanicsuavemechanic
    Participant
    @suavemechanic

ikea hands down , the bench tops are much nicer !
    while you are at ikea there is a damaged stock type appliance outlet place in osbourne park they have discontinued lines and minor damage ( though i never saw any evidence of this , i wanted a specific type of oven and they sourced one up for me in a day !)
    one of the main advantages of this type of shop is that you can load the oven and range hood into your car right away
    often shopping at the big name electrical discounter who advertises a lot involves waiting some weeks for stock to arrive
    having said that its worth a stroll through as they have great package deals and you can even get a kitchen sink there !

have fun and good luck

Profile photo of kkatleakkatlea
    @kkatlea

Hi Suavemechanic, what is the name of the appliance outlet in Osbourne Park? I am also renovating my kitchen shortly.

Thanks heaps

Karen

Profile photo of midnite69midnite69
    @midnite69

Is it Rick Hard seconds in Ossie Park?

Profile photo of suavemechanicsuavemechanic
    Participant
    @suavemechanic

hi ,not sure what the name is,the nice man at h. norman sent me there when we realised it would be weeks before we could get our stove
    street runs parrallel to scarb bch road and its 1 or 2 into the industrial area…….
    hope this helps a bit

if you arent in a rush i reccommend looking at h norman we bought a complete kitchen package on " managers special " and  arranged  for pickup to suit our renovations ( 2 months later ! )
    usual time frame is a couple of weeks but as i dont live in perth that didnt suit
    best of luck

Profile photo of salukimelsalukimel
    @salukimel

Hi people.
    Have just finished my 3rd reno kitchen in Perth and used bunnings for most of them…utilised the existing cupboards though (saved heaps), just grabbed doors and tops from bunnings. Special order bunnings tops are great value and still cheaper than IKEA. They also have matt finish doors so you dont have to put up with the 'shiny' look.
    Another place to grab some deals is the Quokka! Have completely refitted a whole bathroom with Quokka deals including the tiles! Saved a packet but had to do a bit of running around first…if thats not your style then head to the shops. Last deal from the Quokka was a brand new induction hotplate (German brand) that had been slightly damaged on initial install (corner had been cracked) so was sold off….original price was $1200.00….I paid $275.00. Once installed I placed a SS strip around the edge to hide the crack and it looked better anyway as it matched all the other SS appliances…..
    My two bob….
    Best of luck

@midnite69
    salukimel wrote:
    Hi people.
    Have just finished my 3rd reno kitchen in Perth and used bunnings for most of them…utilised the existing cupboards though (saved heaps), just grabbed doors and tops from bunnings. Special order bunnings tops are great value and still cheaper than IKEA. They also have matt finish doors so you dont have to put up with the 'shiny' look.
    Another place to grab some deals is the Quokka! Have completely refitted a whole bathroom with Quokka deals including the tiles! Saved a packet but had to do a bit of running around first…if thats not your style then head to the shops. Last deal from the Quokka was a brand new induction hotplate (German brand) that had been slightly damaged on initial install (corner had been cracked) so was sold off….original price was $1200.00….I paid $275.00. Once installed I placed a SS strip around the edge to hide the crack and it looked better anyway as it matched all the other SS appliances…..
    My two bob….
    Best of luck
    @midnite69

Hi Salukimel, geez your 3rd?I have been contemplating doing mine now for years but think I have to bite the bullet-so Bunnings now do ones that dont look glossy? Will have2check them out then-some stores their displays arent the greatest-its ok picking the kitchen but choosing a benchtop is really hard-theres too many to choose from-the hardest part is finding someone to install it for me! Any ideas where I can find someone and how much would they roughly charge for a smallish kitchen-think I have 11 cupboards and 4 drawers for cutlery etc….having a toddler also I worry bout him getting in the way of tradesman coz u have to get gas and water cut off dont u to install new oven,tiles etc………?

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.