All Topics / Help Needed! / Advice on Adelaide

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Profile photo of garybatzgarybatz
    Participant
    @garybatz

Hi Folks; am considering an IP purchase in Adelaide and am interested in any opinions on the following suburbs – Munno Para West, Andrews Farm & Mt Barker. The first two seem to be new estate/growing suburb areas with more young families. Mt Barker seems to be a more established area with a city/country mix.

Prices all seem comparable to others on the web, so interested in any general opinions of these suburbs as places to buy & hold for around 10 years or more.

Many thanks

GB

Profile photo of basbogbasbog
    Participant
    @basbog

GB

All these areas have a mix of old and new areas, and continue to have new estates in them. Mt Barker is more upmarket then anything in Playford council, a new area in playford now is Blakes Crossing being done by delfin. Playford council has shown the highest capital growth for any area in SA over the past 10yrs, the question is if it has had good growth for 10yrs can it continue. Mt Barker has had hugh growth as well not only in price but also in the amount of dwellings with no oversupply

Have fun

Barry 

Profile photo of young_investor1988young_investor1988
    @young_investor1988

Hi GB,

I spent 5 years in Mt Barker as a teenager (I'm 22 now) and my family built up there in 2000 in one of the new housing estates. When we moved there it was literally a small town with a main street and not a lot going on….. but by the time we left in 2005 it was booming.

A fantastic mix of good schools, quality homes and a great place to raise a young family. As you mentioned Mt Barker does have a good balance of the city/country mix and commuting to the city via the freeway is easy and quick in the morning.

Munno Para and Andrews farm on the other hand are not as up market, and are surrounded by less desirable suburbs. While there are new housing developments popping up left, right and centre I would still be inclined to say that Mt Barker would be my choice of suburb to invest in out of the 3…. The capital growth on my parents property was excellent back then, and the area has only continued to develop since then!

Good luck with your purchase!

Ben

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.