Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Profile photo of keikokeiko
    Participant
    @keiko

Hi quick and simple answers,

Which bank is the best and why?

ANZ

ING

Bankwest

Bank of Adelaide

NAB

Profile photo of TerrywTerryw
    Participant
    @terryw

that is like asking which is the best food?

Terryw | Structuring Lawyers Pty Ltd / Loan Structuring Pty Ltd
    http://www.Structuring.com.au
    Email Me

Lawyer, Mortgage Broker and Tax Advisor (Sydney based but advising Aust wide) http://www.Structuring.com.au

Profile photo of keikokeiko
    Participant
    @keiko
    Terryw wrote:
    that is like asking which is the best food?

And my answer would be lasagna, as I like the sauce the missis makes.

Can't be to hard of a question, you must favour 1 bank more than the other because ?? and there interest rates are always good.

Profile photo of TerrywTerryw
    Participant
    @terryw

but it all depends on the situation of the person – resi or commercial, company/trust or individual, low doc or full doc etc.

I generally like westpac but their rates are high at the moment. ANZ was good for low doc 60% LVR for individuals, NAB good for commercial and CBA good for nothin.

Terryw | Structuring Lawyers Pty Ltd / Loan Structuring Pty Ltd
    http://www.Structuring.com.au
    Email Me

Lawyer, Mortgage Broker and Tax Advisor (Sydney based but advising Aust wide) http://www.Structuring.com.au

Profile photo of v8ghiav8ghia
    @v8ghia

I think this is heavily dependent on what (if any) other services you do or plan to have with that bank. A couple of bucks extra a month for interest pales into insignificance if you are saving money on credit card annual fees, rates, or monthly account fees. NAb have the best rates and a great package product, ANZ seem good 'all rounders', CBA will lend at very high 'borrowing ratios and are the next best in rates, and westpac……um, ok forget that one. ANZ & NAB (moreso) are terrible with their 'offshoring' both for staff and clients alike. ING & Bankwest might be ok for a 'stand alone' lona with nothing else?   That help Keiko?  Cheers

Profile photo of keikokeiko
    Participant
    @keiko

Thanks, yep thats what I was after, a few more like those answers from other members would be good

Profile photo of Richard TaylorRichard Taylor
    Participant
    @qlds007

I agree with Terry there is no right or wrong answer.

No 1 lender can suit everyones situation and wouldnt try and pigeon hole them like that.

There are so many variables it is not funny.

Richard Taylor | Australia's leading private lender

Profile photo of js2js2
    @js2

None. Agreed.

I take what bank will say yes until i can get up off the ground. I look for the very first instance of someone taking action and being proactive and following through toward either making appointments or any of the communications in between. Till date i have had to build relationships with bankers face to face and through to who finally presses the buttons.

Everyone's circumstances are different.

Profile photo of oscaroscar
    @oscar
    keiko wrote:
    Hi quick and simple answers,

Which bank is the best and why?

ANZ

ING

Bankwest

Bank of Adelaide

NAB

Don't forget Bank of Queensland. They are great, especially for development loans.

Cheers

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.