All Topics / Help Needed! / Property Development – Getting hands-on Project Management experience

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Profile photo of ottgottg
    @ottg

Hope you can help me or point me in the right direction!
    I would like to get involved in PD Proj Mng for multiple dwellings. (I do have PM plus job costing exp from a different industry) 
    a. How do I approach Property Developers for such a PM position (full time / part time/ contract) to learn and add value?
    b. Where do I find them in WA?
    c. What if I don't have Property experience (but read many books and attended many workshops – some even from spruikers) but do have extensive PM experience and was extensively involved in the Trades and Services Industry providing a software solution in Service Management.
    d. How do I determine what is a fair rate?
    Regards
    ottg 

Profile photo of JPCCMJPCCM
    @jpccm

If I'm right, you want to be the middle man to be able to build a structure for a Property Developer? And claim also commission on the build if you sell the 'price' to buyers?

If this is right, then you need a trade or more than 5 years in building industry, and have a Cert. 4 Builders to probably concrete the position. Otherwise experience in construction can be adequate.

Hope this helped your answer.

Profile photo of ottgottg
    @ottg

Any other suggestions, contacts or pointers, please!

Profile photo of ducksterduckster
    Participant
    @duckster

http://www.rookiedeveloper.com.au
    and
    http://www.activepropertynetwork.com.au/

You would be better getting into a joint venture and providing the planning and ground work and then sharing in part of the profit

To find investors you need to network and find like minded people.

Active property Network is going to be in every State of Australia soon.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.