All Topics / Help Needed! / subdivision time

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Profile photo of toniinfantetoniinfante
    @toniinfante

I'm abou to put an offer on a block with the intention to su-divide a nd build two house.
    Anyone know what sort of time it will take to get the title sorted?

Profile photo of toniinfantetoniinfante
    @toniinfante

by the way the block is in Perth

Profile photo of Richard TaylorRichard Taylor
    Participant
    @qlds007

In most cases you wont get separate Title on the properties until after the construction is complete so assuming the block is appropriately zoned and the DA is a formality then ring the Local Council or talk to a private Town Planner to get an indication of the time frame.

Then from this add your BA and construction timings and probably another 6-8 weeks after formal completion and that will give you a good estimate of time.

Richard Taylor | Australia's leading private lender

Profile photo of Ryan McLeanRyan McLean
    Participant
    @ryan-mclean

Basically what Richard is saying is that subdivision isn’t quick. It can take 6-12 months to subdivide a block. So don’t buy it thinking you are going to subdivide in a couple of weeks. It takes a while, but there is a lot of money to be made if you can do it properly.

Ryan McLean | On Property
    http://onproperty.com.au
    Email Me

Profile photo of property779property779
    @property779

As a new member of this forum, I have had a good read of many posts – and this is another post that makes my 'blood run cold' – so to speak.
    You need to know the answer to all these BASIC questions way before ' you put a contract on a block' – and if you are still asking them, you are not ready to buy – educate yourself first; it is a lot cheaper than buying the wrong property!!!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.