All Topics / Help Needed! / RENT INCOME 100% taken into factor….Borrowing question, Which bank?

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Profile photo of AndrewHAndrewH
    Participant
    @andrewh

Would anyone know which banks take rental income into consideration, NOT the usual 80% or 75% BUT 90%-100% . Would be great help thanks

Profile photo of keikokeiko
    Participant
    @keiko

I am also keen to know the answer on that

Profile photo of Richard TaylorRichard Taylor
    Participant
    @qlds007

If they are taking the property as security then the answer is simple – NONE.

Rent however is only 1 small portion of serviceability and a lender that takes 75% may end up lending you more than someone who takes 90% because of the other factors that have a bearing on your borrowing amount.

Richard Taylor | Australia's leading private lender

Profile photo of AndrewHAndrewH
    Participant
    @andrewh

This is ridiculous, i know for a fact i can service this next property but so far i cannot get the amount i want from them. If i open an ABN i have to wait some time before they look at that as income right? Hmm if  i get someone with an ABN  to write that i have been getting paid X amount for the last year, would they take that in consideration?

Participant
    @qlds007

If you can produce payslips and a Group Certificate you can have that income considered but getting someone to write a letter stating you earn a particular amount when you dont is mortgage fraud.

Hard of course to commend why you cant get the loan without any information.

The reason lenders dont take 100% of the rent into consideration is that even if you self manage you wil never receive 100% of the Gross rental. Expenses such as Rates, insurance, vacancy get eaten into the Gross profit.

Profile photo of number 8number 8
    Participant
    @number-8

Banks such as ANZ will give you addbacks, although assessing your rental at 75%, they understand negative gearing returns cash to your pocket.

http://www.birchcorp.com.au

Profile photo of Ryan McLeanRyan McLean
    Participant
    @ryan-mclean

This frustrates me with the banks. I can understand their viewpoint though. If I was a lender I would never take 100% of the rental income into account. As Richard said, rates, water and a whole bunch of other things (vacancies, management fees, maintenance, insurance etc) all have to be paid for out of the rent. For a lender to take 100% would be silly.

It would be nice if they did, but they don’t and I doubt they ever will.

Ryan McLean | On Property
    http://onproperty.com.au
    Email Me

Participant
    @qlds007

Further more as Number 8 mentioned certain lenders will add back the negative gearing others will take the actual loan repayment on external loans without applying the serviceability rate of interest to these liabilities.

Participant
    @qlds007

Further more as Number 8 mentioned certain lenders will add back the negative gearing others will take the actual loan repayment on external loans without applying the serviceability rate of interest to these liabilities.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.