All Topics / Help Needed! / Investing in Orange, NSW – any tips on suburbs?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Profile photo of helgachichelgachic
    @helgachic

Hi there
    My husband and I are looking to buy an investment property in Orange due to the future mine and general infrastructure expansion.  I am looking for a house with at least 3 bedrooms, ideally with 2 bathrooms and a covered outside area with the idea that it may attract long term corporate rentals from the surrounding mines etc. 
    I have had a brief look on RE.com.au and found the properties to be very reasonably priced but I am unsure of where to focus.  Does anyone know of any suburbs that I should avoid or aim for?  We have loan approval for at least 500K but I think we could get away with spending 350K as we would like to be open to also buy some land in the next 12 months. 
    cheers

Profile photo of sonyasalsonyasal
    @sonyasal

Hi I was looking to buy in Orange, before deciding to buy in Vicoria. i spoke to a number of real estate property managers and they were very forthcoming regarding which areas of town were the 'better' areas and would have better rental returns, quality of tenants and reduced vacancies.

I personally have found property managers in the town or suburb where you are looking to buy are invaluable. They givan hones answers on where are good places to buy becuase they deal with landlords on an on-going and hopefully longterm basis as opposed to the sales agents who only deal with someone until the property has sold. AA happy landlord and happy tenants make a PM's job sooo much easier.

I don't have the info on Orange anymore, however, I am sure that the PMs would be happy to talk to you

Sonya

Profile photo of sam2011sam2011
    @sam2011

hi guys,  i bought a property in orange back in dec from adam savage at mccarrons, honestly the best realestate agent i have ever dealt with.

send him an email or give him a call and tell him sam recommended you, he will take the time and take you through all the different areas and different deals out.
     let me know if you cant find his detail and i will provide.

i bought my place for $163k and get it rented out for $210pw

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.