All Topics / Help Needed! / Investing in Queenstown Tasmania

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Profile photo of Kerrie MKerrie M
    @kerrie-m

Hi Everyone.

I'm looking to communicate with anyone who has invested in the Tassi towns of Queenstown and Roseberry on the West coast.  They are mining towns and would be looking to invest in property to rent to mine workers.  Does anyone have properties there?  I'm looking for realistic information on vacancy rates and capital growth.
     Kerrie M

Profile photo of maree_bradrossmaree_bradross
    @maree_bradross

This was discussed not that long ago. The general consenus was not viable. You might be able to search for the thread. Regards

Profile photo of slipperslipper
    @slipper

Have spoken to a few miners and they all reckoned they, and their mates, were looking to get out of Queenstown as they thought it was… (well lets just say) less than impressive.  These were guys around 24 to 28 who were drive in workers.  As for Roseberry, I think it could be quite decent BUT there is still lingering issues with claims of heavy metal poisoning in the soils of some areas  ( I don't know any more, but there is a group down there claiming to be suffering from poisoning and blaming the area for it  –  i think they call themselves the Toxic Action Network or somthing like that).

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.