All Topics / Help Needed! / Building – There are some full service builders with loads of development experience available

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Profile photo of Adam LancasterAdam Lancaster
    Participant
    @adam-lancaster

Hi,

A Building company I work with closely has posted some useful insight in choosing a builder on my site, and thought the readers of these forums might find it very useful:

My Name is David Carter from a Mornington Peninsula based building company called Gilpip Homes. We are based in Mornington, VIC, we work primarily on the Peninsula.

Day in and day out i deal with people who have been down a long track to try and get started on the construction of either their dream home or investment property.
    With new mandatory requirements and regulations to be met coming out more and more often, making sure that all areas are covered and things are done correctly can be tricky and time consuming.
    The best bet is to find a builder like Gilpip Homes who will handle everything from concept to completion for you. It is too often that i have people who i had spoken with as long as 18 months to 2 years previously come back through my door after being on a hairy ride of dealing with local councils, objecting neighbours, engineers etc. thinking they are ready to go and once i quote their plans things become apparent that they are well and truely over budget and the last 18 months to 2 years has been a complete waste of time and things will need to be started again due to council amendments and design changes to suit budgets.

For example Gilpip Homes offer a free design and quote service which can give you an idea on whether your intended ideas are pheasable for the land itself and for your budget. If not then discussions can be had on ways to still acheive the majority of your requirements while still keeping within your price range.
    From their all steps will be handled for you from drafting to town planning applications, through to soil reports, energy ratings and all other required info to acquire your building permit and get your New home started.
    Another handy tip is to deal with companies that provide worste case scenario estimates from start to finish so no hidden surprises will emerge later on down the track.
    Big volume companies are well known for hidden nasty surprises due to the way in which they advertise their rock bottom prices but beware there is always a reason for why that price looks so low…
    If you would like to contact me because you may have some questions or would like some help on getting started with your new home please feel free to either call me on 0437 171 938 or email me at [email protected]. You can also visit our website at http://www.gilpiphomes.com.au.

All the best with the construction of your new home. “

So as you can see there are still full service builders available and it could be the better option.

I highly recommend Gilpip, David Carter and their services.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.