All Topics / General Property / good area under $200k

Register Now for My Free Live Training Series!
Viewing 7 posts - 61 through 67 (of 67 total)
  • Profile photo of longddlongdd
    @longdd
    JT7 wrote:
    longdd wrote:
    Hi
    any one had a look or had any thought about Fairfield (2165), NSW?

Hi longdd….I pretty sure Residex was recommending Fairfield in one of its recent Best Rents reports which predicts areas and products that produce both good capital growth and rental yields. Fairfield is a bit of a transport hub so good amenities. I'm sure there are good and bad spots but I wouldn't let that put you off…most suburbs have both. 2 bed unit in a small pack with potential to add value close to transport sounds good IMHO.

Thank JT7

Profile photo of Johnny1974Johnny1974
    @johnny1974

Confused?
    Consider the ageing population? the masses of retiring/cashed up baby boomers with city/near city properties, looking to down size, free up some cash and escape the rat race you would think regional areas/coastal areas? Add to this growing crime rates? Global warming=hotter weather, I would have thought places like Tassie would be on everyones lips?

I have 2 IP’s in Tassie, both returning 8-9% and growth of close to 10%PA. Neither has ever been empty for more than two weeks and with lower purchase prices and lower stamp duty it seems the logical place to invest.

Am i wrong here?

Profile photo of WynyardWynyard
    @wynyard

Bumping for any new leads

Profile photo of TCLinvestmentsTCLinvestments
    Participant
    @tclinvestments

Bumping for any new leads

Profile photo of Andrew_AAndrew_A
    Participant
    @andrew_a

The Logan region in Brisbane has plenty of choices <200k, yields 6-7% are common, more with some value adding done.

A 'good' area is subjective, and the nature of the <200k price range implies compromise. A useful method of doing some long distance research is to find some local property managers and phone them for a chat, mention you are interested in buying in the area and ask for their advice. Also google the property investing forums (there are a few around) for investors who already own there, message them and have a chat, it doesn't take long and you can learn a lot.

Profile photo of Jamie MooreJamie Moore
    Participant
    @jamie-m

A client of mine just picked up a 2 bedroom unit in Logan for $170k – renting for $250 p.w. It looks like he’s also added some equity through some quick renos.

Cheers

Jamie

Jamie Moore | Pass Go Home Loans Pty Ltd
    http://www.passgo.com.au
    Email Me | Phone Me

Mortgage Broker assisting clients Australia wide Email: [email protected]

Profile photo of kris07kris07
    Participant
    @kris07

Look into Melbourne Regional centers like Ballarat. Low vacancy rates 1% and great yields of 6%+. The area us about to take off with lots of govt funding. Worth a look. Wendouree or Ballarat East would suite your budget.

Good luck

Viewing 7 posts - 61 through 67 (of 67 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.