All Topics / General Property / good area under $200k

Register Now for My Free Live Training Series!
Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 67 total)
  • Profile photo of buymorebuymore
    Participant
    @buymore

Hi there,

sounds you know Liverpool quite well…

I heard people say there are two parts of liverpool. should avoid speed st and near by. Northern liverpool is much better
    area. is this right? there are many units for sale on speed st. your thoughts?

Profile photo of CrazypaulieCrazypaulie
    Participant
    @crazypaulie

What about the Macarthur area (NSW)? Any thoughts?

Profile photo of n_green983n_green983
    Participant
    @n_green983
    buymore wrote:
    Hi there,

I heard people say there are two parts of liverpool. should avoid speed st and near by. Northern liverpool is much better

Hi, I'm only a beginner in the property game but spent 5 years working in Liverpool and have a pretty good knowledge of the socio-economic layout etc there. The area bordered by Terminus St, Speed St, Hume Hwy and Atkinson St is predominately made up of housing commission/unemployed residents. That particular area is also a crime hot spot with a high rate of break and enters, drug crime, motor vehicle theft etc. A LOT of the units are in a terrible state of disrepair, the garages are all unuseable (or at the very least unsecurable) Having said that there are also a mixture of decent units with decent hardworking tenants in the area. The majority of residents seem to of NESB. There is also nothing to say that the crime committed in this area is committed by the persons living in the area, a lot of it is probably from drug users catching the train into Liverpool and then venturing into this area due to its proximity to the station.
    The northern side of Liverpool, ie north of Memorial Ave and in particular around Campbell St are modern units and as such are more secure then the older type found in the southern end, this is probably the reason why from a crime point of view there isn't as much of a problem around them.
    Having said that there never seemed to be that many vacant units in either end. Warwick Farm is also a reasonable area and is probably a mixture of the above.
    What I have stated above is purely my personal opinion from working in the area for 5 years and from my continuing relationship with people still working in that area. Its not based on stats or reports or anything else.

Profile photo of WynyardWynyard
    @wynyard

Seeing as Liverpool was talked about a few months ago – are there any other more current recommendations for under $200k? Preferably somewhere I could live for 6months without being in high crime area.

Profile photo of gronk007gronk007
    @gronk007

I know this became a liverpool/wiley park kind of posting, but for those who know regional victoria, or those who want to know more…I'm studying Ballarat the next 3-6 months…most of the forums discussing Ballarat are dated 07/08/09 early 2010 and not much else….would be interested in other's opinions..

Profile photo of WynyardWynyard
    @wynyard

Is it possible to buy a <$200,000 property for CF+ (or CF neutral) with only a 10% deposit?

Profile photo of TaylorChangTaylorChang
    Participant
    @scha9799
    DD wrote:
    Shahabr hi, Im finding great deals all the time for my clients and sub-$200k. $140k 2 bedder with $200/wk rent, $150k 2 bed unit in a block of 8 in bundy with 3 others owned by my clients, 3 bedroom house in tassie for $156k with $195/wk rent.

All these sorts of deals are readily available.

This is what I do.

Good luck in your search, Happy Hunting!!!

DD

Hi DD,

the numbers look very attractive.
    are you a buyer agent, Can we have your contact email or number so that we maybe able to engage your professional service : )

TaylorChang | Finance Broker
    Email Me | Phone Me

Home loan | Commercial loan | 0414 691 517

Participant
    @scha9799

Tamworth,

have any one look into Tamworth ?

you can find some thing under 200k, but I am not sure about the area.

recently, I am looking for the place under 200k as well : )

Email Me | Phone Me

Participant
    @scha9799
    n_green983 wrote:
    buymore wrote:
    Hi there,

Hi, I'm only a beginner in the property game but spent 5 years working in Liverpool and have a pretty good knowledge of the socio-economic layout etc there. The area bordered by Terminus St, Speed St, Hume Hwy and Atkinson St is predominately made up of housing commission/unemployed residents. That particular area is also a crime hot spot with a high rate of break and enters, drug crime, motor vehicle theft etc. A LOT of the units are in a terrible state of disrepair, the garages are all unuseable (or at the very least unsecurable) Having said that there are also a mixture of decent units with decent hardworking tenants in the area. The majority of residents seem to of NESB. There is also nothing to say that the crime committed in this area is committed by the persons living in the area, a lot of it is probably from drug users catching the train into Liverpool and then venturing into this area due to its proximity to the station.
    The northern side of Liverpool, ie north of Memorial Ave and in particular around Campbell St are modern units and as such are more secure then the older type found in the southern end, this is probably the reason why from a crime point of view there isn't as much of a problem around them.
    Having said that there never seemed to be that many vacant units in either end. Warwick Farm is also a reasonable area and is probably a mixture of the above.
    What I have stated above is purely my personal opinion from working in the area for 5 years and from my continuing relationship with people still working in that area. Its not based on stats or reports or anything else.

It sounds very true,

a few month ago I actually look into the liverpool area.

There are a lot of units at the south part of area, and they look very bad. ( however, the rental return is very attractive )
    the north side seems a bit cleaner and fresh, more new units.

the above is just what i saw then I drove around the area a few month ago

Email Me | Phone Me

Profile photo of ScratchScratch
    @scratch

If you are still looking for an IP for around the $200k mark, it might be worth checking out last months edition of API if you haven’t already. Seaford in SA was flagged by multiple experts and has a lot of properties around that price range.

Profile photo of financial_freedomfinancial_freedom
    @financial_freedom

Rents are still really high around liverpool right now, making way for some good cf+ properties. Every open house you go to there are heaps of people, and people are offering higher rents than what the agents are asking for.  Alos cf+ properties in Macquarie fields area. You can grab some 2bed t/houses for around the 200k mark with rental returns of around $300pw.

Profile photo of sam2011sam2011
    @sam2011

hi DD can you send me your info pleasE?

Profile photo of IntrigueIntrigue
    @intrigue

Any good areas in QLD under $200k

Profile photo of longddlongdd
    @longdd

Hi
    any one had a look or had any thought about Fairfield (2165), NSW?

Profile photo of JT7JT7
    @jt7
    longdd wrote:
    Hi
    any one had a look or had any thought about Fairfield (2165), NSW?

Hi longdd….I pretty sure Residex was recommending Fairfield in one of its recent Best Rents reports which predicts areas and products that produce both good capital growth and rental yields. Fairfield is a bit of a transport hub so good amenities. I’m sure there are good and bad spots but I wouldn’t let that put you off…most suburbs have both. 2 bed unit in a small pack with potential to add value close to transport sounds good IMHO.

Profile photo of SandtrackersSandtrackers
    Participant
    @sandtrackers

Wow, all this is interesting – its been a while since I have been on here. – So wouldlike some advice.,

I currently have approx 350K equity in my PPR and am building an investment worth 370K (Altho this wasnt my real choice of investment but got stuck with a block I bought before the crash). My sister is moving in with us and we either want to invest in another property or sell this house, down grade and then buy a couple of properties. She has approx 200K in bank – no house.
    Do you normally look at a 80% lend for investments to avoid Mortgage insurance?

Do I sell this house and buy one for say 200K less to secure more cashflow
    Keep this and buy another 1 once my building investment is complete (The bank says I cant borrow any more til this is done)

I am also considering using a property finder – is there anyone here that is looking in WA? Preferably +CF as I believe this will allow me to borrow more money in the long run?  How much do you charge to find a decent property?

thanks all

Profile photo of Johnny1974Johnny1974
    @johnny1974

Hi peoples
    Am not in the market to buy myself, but always looking out of habit.

They say you can’t find POSITIVE GEARED investment properties, here is one I found returning over 8% on Realestate.com.au

Property No. 106818309

$220 week rent, 139k asking price, CRAZY.

It can be done!!

Profile photo of SandtrackersSandtrackers
    Participant
    @sandtrackers

Hi Johnny

What suburb was your find in. I am in WA, and was going to look there, but may venture out elsewhere?
    thanks
    T

Profile photo of Johnny1974Johnny1974
    @johnny1974

Hi peoples
    Am not in the market to buy myself, but always looking out of habit.
    They say you can’t find POSITIVE GEARED investment properties, here is one I found returning over 8% on Realestate.com.au
    Property No. 106818309
    $220 week rent, 139k asking price, CRAZY.
    It can be done!!

Profile photo of philpogphilpog
    @philpog

The property  I found with that ID is a unit for 329k in surfers paradise…not an area I'd invest in and not the return. Have we got our wires crossed somewere?? Where (town) is the 139k property for sale?

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 67 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.