All Topics / General Property / good area under $200k

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 67 total)
  • Profile photo of sam2011sam2011
    @sam2011

looking at getting my 3rd ip on a budget of under 200k and something with a good rental return. i have been looking around liverpool area and lakemba in sydney, seem to have a resonable return. just wondering if there are any other areas i should look at?

Profile photo of god_of_moneygod_of_money
    Participant
    @god_of_money

You can get 2bed+1+1 around lakemba area for 200k
    and rent out for 280k

Participant
    @god_of_money

I like liverpool area as they are building IF NOT the largest hospital in Australia/southern hemispehre

it will create jobs etc etc

Profile photo of sam2011sam2011
    @sam2011

oh really?  i didnt know that, but yeah lakemba has good returns and based on the latest population projections liverpool is 2nd highest growth area in nsw

Participant
    @god_of_money

sorry A$280/week.. typo

Yes…sydney south west will double the population in 2036.
    Remember that liverpool has good infrastructure (train/bus/westfield/hospital/medical centre/M5/M7) etc etc
    fit into Terry Ryder/Margaret Lomas criteria

Profile photo of ClaireeClairee
    Participant
    @clairee

Any thoughts on areas northern NSW or in QLD? Good areas to purchase under $200k

@sam2011

had a look all over brisbane and couldnt find much, but if you go regional you will def find something.  in nsw you can have a look at gosford, they just released the city plan by i think it was 2030, they are upgrading the city centre and also creating bars/caffe's by the water, so there is definately potential in the iong run

Participant
    @clairee

Ok, just in similar situation to you, and just need some direction to investigate some areas. would like to try areas that are close enough from here(Bris) to drive to have a look. Not confident enough to buy “sight unseen”. Don’t want to buy in Bris per-se, as would like to spread out our investments. Happy to go regional. Thanks for that. Any other areas you know of would be appreciated.

Cheers

@sam2011

i dont know if you can stretch your budget to around 250k but a friend of mine bought near redcliffe, margate i think and with the new tunnels the trip from those places to the city will be reduced so worth having a look there

Participant
    @clairee

interesting, yes, know those areas well.

i see on your blog that you have the NSW Population projections – interesting info there.

I’m going to look for the similar Data for QLD. it seems to be there at oesr.qld.gov.au.

@sam2011
    Participant
    @clairee

yes same one I found. thanks

Profile photo of DDDD
    @dd

Shahabr hi, Im finding great deals all the time for my clients and sub-$200k. $140k 2 bedder with $200/wk rent, $150k 2 bed unit in a block of 8 in bundy with 3 others owned by my clients, 3 bedroom house in tassie for $156k with $195/wk rent.

All these sorts of deals are readily available.

This is what I do.

Good luck in your search, Happy Hunting!!!

DD

@sam2011

hi dd sounds interesting do you have a website?  what services do you offer, i could be interested if you can show me some samples

Profile photo of DDDD
    @dd

Yeah I cant remember how to do a private message on here anymore. Ive just come back on after 2 years. Can you PM me and we can then discuss off the radar.

Thanks

DD

Profile photo of shellxshellx
    @shellx

Hi DD, can you also send me the info you talked above? I don't know how to PM either. Thanks!

@sam2011

just sent my pm dd

shellx just click on his name and click on "view public profile" then you will be able to send him a message

Participant
    @god_of_money

Saw a few good deals that REA offered me
    Lakemba- 210k unit with rental = 250-280/week
    Wiley park – 6 years old 2bed 101m2 unit 290k with rental 370/week currently

I am working on the deal @ Liverpool at the moment 

Moore… the agent rang  me on the deal.. fully renovated house 85k with rental 150/week
    and also block of units currently rented to department of housing with yield 11-12%

They are plenty of deals out there… not sure why using Buyer agents…to source CF properties
    I use it if I want to secue unique, rare properties in Sydney  

Profile photo of theresajleachtheresajleach
    Participant
    @theresajleach

Hi DD
    Can you tell me where the house in Tassie was?
    Cheers from Theresa

DD wrote:
    Shahabr hi, Im finding great deals all the time for my clients and sub-$200k. $140k 2 bedder with $200/wk rent, $150k 2 bed unit in a block of 8 in bundy with 3 others owned by my clients, 3 bedroom house in tassie for $156k with $195/wk rent.

All these sorts of deals are readily available.

This is what I do.

Good luck in your search, Happy Hunting!!!

DD

Participant
    @clairee

GOM
    You must be pretty experienced with what to look for, and you have areas that you are comfortable with. Or do you buy all sorts of properties in all sorts of different areas? Do you invest fultime, and for how many years have you been doing this? I am interested, because i want to learn myself, and not have to use buyers agents etc. Though I do wonder if i should use one, to get the ball rolling in investing. We have had 2 IP’s and looking at 3rd purchase (seems like it was easier a few years ago, everything made money then!!). Always reading and taking in information, gather information from this site and others, books, magazines, a couple of small seminars. Tried to go with one buyers group, mentor type thing, won’t give any names, but they didn’t seem to know much more than I did, so that seemed a waste.

thanks

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 67 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.