All Topics / Overseas Deals / Fiji – Anyone have experience investing here ?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Profile photo of Cartman123Cartman123
    Participant
    @cartman123

Hi,
    Anyone investing here in houses etc, and would like to share pros-cons. General experience ? How did you go about investing here ?  Would you recommend this ?

Thanks in advance…

Cheers,
    Cartman

Profile photo of Scott No MatesScott No Mates
    Participant
    @scott-no-mates

Do you know anything abouth Fiji's legal system, the stability of the government and the number of coups that have happened in the last 20 or so years?

If you think Indian students have it hard in Oz, look at Fiji.

Profile photo of Cartman123Cartman123
    Participant
    @cartman123

Yes. I know all of what has happened and is happening there.  We have relatives still there .  Despite all that,  the biggest and most prominent investors in Fiji are foreigners. How are they doing it, is what I want to know?

Profile photo of IP FreelyIP Freely
    @ip-freely

Try contacting a local Fijian solicitor. Having your own contacts/family in the country may be an advantage if you need to have a local partner to buy into the country.

Profile photo of roman9roman9
    @roman9

hi cartman123, i have had a lot of experience about real estate investments in that part of the world during the nineties, i can give you a concise and unbiased opinion, here it goes " it is like investing in the future gains of a pirate ship on the high seas". hope you got the message.

Profile photo of Cartman123Cartman123
    Participant
    @cartman123
    roman9 wrote:
    " it is like investing in the future gains of a pirate ship on the high seas". hope you got the message.

LOL!  reading that loud and clear.  Roger that… :)

Cheers
    Cartman

Profile photo of thecrestthecrest
    Participant
    @thecrest

Asking a pacific islands based solicitor if you should become a client is like asking the barber if you need a shave, and you might get scalped either way. had 12 years in the south pacific, been there done that, lost everything, never again. well known as a graveyard of entrepreneurs and investors.        
    cheers
    thecrest

thecrest | Tony Neale - Statewide Motel Brokers
    http://www.statewidemotelbrokers.com.au
    Email Me | Phone Me

selling motels in NSW

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.