All Topics / Help Needed! / Working in Real esate i Feel Mentally Drained!!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Profile photo of JpcashflowJpcashflow
    Participant
    @jpcashflow

Hi Every One,

I have been working in real estate for 1.5 years. I am starting to feel mentally and pysically drained. I havnt felt like this for more then 3 years. I work 6 days a week and there is alot of pressure and my job. To you think i may be getting or have allready burnout? has any one ever experinced this? If so what did you do to get better?

Over the last three weeks i have been thinking of maybe taking a month break.
    I wouldnt mind getting a steady job that pays well where i only have to work 5 days a week. In two years i am to have a investment company running and i wouldnt mind doing developing as well.

Jpcashflow | JP Financial Group
    http://www.jpfinancialgroup.com.au
    Email Me | Phone Me

Your first port of call in finance :)

Profile photo of shaggywestshaggywest
    @shaggywest

I was in property managment for 4 years, I finished last thursday and on  Monday I will be starting a carpentry apprenticeship. I am 30 yo with 2 kids under 3 and 1 on the way. Its never to late to change jobs, If your not happy you should not be there.

Profile photo of Scott No MatesScott No Mates
    Participant
    @scott-no-mates

Get another couple of years experience under your belt then move in to commercial RE, it is ever only 5 days per week, very little overtime but has big highs and bigger lows.

Profile photo of god_of_moneygod_of_money
    Participant
    @god_of_money

What do u mean by mentally drained and a lot of pressure?

I thought that REA loves to pressure the buyer?

Profile photo of Anthony.AounAnthony.Aoun
    Participant
    @anthony.aoun

Hello johann22,

May I ask, why are you in this industry? What were you told about it?

Aside from real estate training have you done any sales training?

From my experience this toll is due to the overall system. At one time I has a team of 50 and depending on several issues / and how you work (level of professional sales skill etc) can create this lack of energy.

AA

Profile photo of Andrew_AAndrew_A
    Participant
    @andrew_a

Working without decent breaks at anything would likely prove draining. I think a key is knowing when to place limits on your work time and have the systems in place to allow yourself to take relaxing holidays now and then.

Profile photo of fWordfWord
    Participant
    @fword

Big question is, how much does your job currently pay? What do you perceive to be a high-paying job? Are you looking for $40K, 60K, 100K per annum?

The most common saying I hear is, 'Money is not everything.'

Well, I'd rather turn that on its head and say, 'Job satisfaction is not everything…either.' Not to mention if you actually have neither…heheh…

I personally think that if you're in a tough job that still pays well enough for you to live comfortably and invest a good amount on the sidelines, then rough it out for a couple more years and try to make it big before moving elsewhere.

Profile photo of JpcashflowJpcashflow
    Participant
    @jpcashflow
    fWord wrote:
    Big question is, how much does your job currently pay? What do you perceive to be a high-paying job? Are you looking for $40K, 60K, 100K per annum?

The most common saying I hear is, 'Money is not everything.'

Well, I'd rather turn that on its head and say, 'Job satisfaction is not everything…either.' Not to mention if you actually have neither…heheh…

I personally think that if you're in a tough job that still pays well enough for you to live comfortably and invest a good amount on the sidelines, then rough it out for a couple more years and try to make it big before moving elsewhere.

Hi,
    Thanks for the reply. I earn about 90k at the moment at the age of 25. I work 6 days a week and i usualy do 65 to 70 hours a week. Where i would be comfortable earning 70 to 90k in another job role. I have had sales experince since i was 18.
    I think the reason why i am tired as well in just 4 months i have done this: Bought one IP and sold one IP, got engaged and also moved out of home. Maybe i have done so much in so little time.

Jpcashflow | JP Financial Group
    http://www.jpfinancialgroup.com.au
    Email Me | Phone Me

Your first port of call in finance :)

Profile photo of fWordfWord
    Participant
    @fword
    johann22 wrote:

Hi,
    Thanks for the reply. I earn about 90k at the moment at the age of 25. I work 6 days a week and i usualy do 65 to 70 hours a week. Where i would be comfortable earning 70 to 90k in another job role. I have had sales experince since i was 18.
    I think the reason why i am tired as well in just 4 months i have done this: Bought one IP and sold one IP, got engaged and also moved out of home. Maybe i have done so much in so little time.

I think you could be satisfied in the knowledge that you're doing extremely well compared to the bulk of 25-year-olds. I'm 27, and wouldn't even mention what state I'm in because it'd look pretty sad alongside what you've achieved. Having ambition is good, and getting a lot done in the shortest possible time is a good thing. After all I think life is about doing what you want, not slaving for money. Given that, we should in fact be spending more time actually doing what we like and doing the hard yards quickly.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.