All Topics / Finance / help with finance for possible developments

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Profile photo of samik123samik123
    @samik123

hello all
    I find myself in a bit of dilema at the moment ,we have our ppor that can be subdived and two more house can be built giving us three houses in total, but trying to sort out where and what sort of finance to get is a bit of a stubling block as our credit is not to good due to business failure cam anyone please advise which way 
    Thank you 
    Michael 

Profile photo of RHPlanningRHPlanning
    @rhplanning

You should be able to borrow 80% of the value of the property as long as you can demonstrate ability to service this debt. You should also be able to borrow on the finished development product as well.

Another way to look at it if getting finance is too big of a hurdle is to get your approvals in place and then sell the property to a developer, you can then take the funds and buy another place and end up with a net gain without having to rely on finance to develop.

Profile photo of Richard TaylorRichard Taylor
    Participant
    @qlds007

Hi Michael

Depending on the level of bad credit you might find it almost impossible to get financing for such a project.

There are so many variables and without knowing more it is too hard to provide you with an answer.

Richard Taylor | Australia's leading private lender

Profile photo of Matt007Matt007
    @matt007

In the current lending market established builders and developers with long histories of successful projects have enough trouble getting reasonable terms out of lenders..I think the comment about doing the DA / BA and onselling might be the only way you can do it.. you could work in keeping your PPOR as part of the contract..
    That said, keep asking the brokers/lenders….you never know…

Profile photo of mccozmccoz
    Participant
    @mccoz

Hi Michael,

One option could be to enter into a joint venture agreement with a builder, whereby you put up the land, and continue to keep paying the mortgage on the land,  the builder finances  and constructs  the homes, and he keeps one as payment. Sometimes a financial payment may be necessary to balance the deal, to ensure a win / win to both parties, with a legal agreement in place to protect each  party's interest.  I entered into one last year, for a development in Mckinnon, Victoria when finances were tight, and it worked out really well for myself and builder alike.

Good luck
    Mccoz 

Profile photo of mccozmccoz
    Participant
    @mccoz

Hi Michael,

One option could be to enter into a joint venture agreement with a builder, whereby you put up the land, and continue to keep paying the mortgage on the land,  the builder finances  and constructs  the homes, and he keeps one as payment. Sometimes a financial payment may be necessary to balance the deal, to ensure a win / win to both parties, with a legal agreement in place to protect each  party's interest.  I entered into one last year, for a development in Mckinnon, Victoria when finances were tight, and it worked out really well for myself and builder alike.

Good luck
    Mccoz 

Profile photo of williamparkarwilliamparkar
    @williamparkar

Good Help Thanks for Sharing This..

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.