All Topics / Help Needed! / Investing in Tocumwal, NSW?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Profile photo of Marcus2009Marcus2009
    @marcus2009

Hi,
    I have been offered a very interesting deal, three houses on one title, for less than the average house price. However, it is in Tocumwal, a small town in NSW. From the basic research I have done I can see that in a town of about 2500 people, there are about 100 properties up for sale, which does not look good to me.
     Does anyone know more about this place and whether it is a promising place to invest?   

Profile photo of crjcrj
    Participant
    @crj

What you find with a number of those border towns is that they are holiday places for Victorians.   Certainly before Vic got pokies the punters would converge on the licensed NSW ckubs in droves. 

If the houses have been rented out before the agent should be able to obtain a rental history for you.

Profile photo of Richard TaylorRichard Taylor
    Participant
    @qlds007

Shoot me an email with the address and I will run you off a Residex report so you can see some of the Statistical information and comparative sales evidence.

Richard Taylor | Australia's leading private lender

Profile photo of Marcus2009Marcus2009
    @marcus2009

Hi crj and Richard,

thanks for your responses, and for your offer, Richard. I have now spoken to a couple of people in Tocumwal and decided that this investment is not for me.  

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.