All Topics / General Property / Furnishing Property – Melbourne

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Profile photo of siraitkensiraitken
    Participant
    @siraitken

Hello All

I have just recently bought a property in Endeavour Hills, Victoria.

My partner and I have been living with our parents and have not accumulated much furniture.

Our settlement is in 90 days and we need to purchase furniture.
    We are looking to buy quality seconds or last seasons stock.

The problem is we don't really know where the clearance centres are and when their sales are on.

As we don't need the furniture for 3 months we are happy to hold out till a sale comes so we can get good value for money.

If you know any places that continually have good deals or know of a place that regularly has a sale could you please post the details here.

We are willing to go to any places East of Melbourne.

Also storage and pickup is not a problem.

Cheers,

Dave

Profile photo of ducksterduckster
    Participant
    @duckster

Garage sales. Look in Local Leader Newspaper and Herald Sun maybe advertise where they are.

Dave you will find 5 pages of places with the link below!

http://www.bargainshopper.com.au/Default.aspx?PageID=1323689&A=WebApp&CCID=3321&Page=1&Items=10

Can't find the cow shed may have gone out of business as web site not coming up.
    Phone first so you do not make a trip for nothing!

Profile photo of Ryan McLeanRyan McLean
    Participant
    @ryan-mclean

We got a great couch from Fantastic Furniture. A 3 seater with a chase for just $700.

Your best bet is not those warehouses but Ebay. There is loads of preloved furniture on ebay and most of it is really cheap.

My mother in law is redecorating her whole house and she is buying most of her stuff of Ebay. It is GREAT stuff and we go a table and 4 chairs worth about $800 brand new for $150.

Ryan McLean | On Property
    http://onproperty.com.au
    Email Me

Profile photo of GeraldineMGeraldineM
    @geraldinem

Hi Dave.

It really seems as though the two previous replies have all the bases covered.  I did think to suggest 'graysonline' auctions though.That's the name in SA but probably interstate as well, or possibly under another name?  Basically it is a clearing house for mainly new things, surplus, closing downs, etc. and as the name suggests you bid online, but you can go there and look prior.

Regards,
    G

Profile photo of siraitkensiraitken
    Participant
    @siraitken

Thanks Duckster, Ryan and Geraldine for your suggestions.

My partner and I will be scouring ebay, graysonline and budget furniture stores.
    We are actually going to check out some ebay furniture tomorrow night!

I will look more into the bargain shopper website as it looks like a great source of information.

Cheers,

Dave

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.