All Topics / Finance / Help needed to invest

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Profile photo of happygayehappygaye
    @happygaye

I am just starting my investing and I have found a small block of residential units that would create a very positive cashflow.  The problem I am having is getting finance.  I own land which I would use as collateral but am being told that the units are classed as commercial as there are more then 3 on the torrens title.  This means I can only borrow 70% which after pruchase and spending approx $20K on needed improvements would leave me short around 40K. Is there a way to buy them as residential using the land as deposit and improvement money and getting a loan for the 80% difference.  Also they are not in a bank lending area being approx 100km from the nearest big town, although the town is in short supply of rentals with a waiting list in the estate agents office. 

Profile photo of Richard TaylorRichard Taylor
    Participant
    @qlds007

Hi Happy

Buying a block inline can make good investment sense however finance can often be frustrating.

Have a few lenders who will do 80% on upto 6 units but it does make a difference of the post code and town.

Would need additional information to advise you further.

Richard Taylor | Australia's leading private lender

Profile photo of god_of_moneygod_of_money
    Participant
    @god_of_money

And also the interest rate as well…. needs to take into account

@richard, are they going to charge purely residential rate or semi commercial/residential rate?

Profile photo of Richard TaylorRichard Taylor
    Participant
    @qlds007

GOM

All depends.

Just done a 4 pack at standard residential rates (actually even had the 0.7% discount) but that was a block in a regional city.

Richard Taylor | Australia's leading private lender

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.