All Topics / Finance / 5 yrs of interest rate hikes = Cashflow investment strategy?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Profile photo of dcaspiradcaspira
    @dcaspira

Hi Guys,

In today Aus Fin Review, Westpac is quoted as saying it "has warned that interest rates will keep rising for at least five years no matter what happens to the official cash rate set by the Reserve Bank of Australia."

What property portfolio would you think better over the next few years?  a Cash flow –  or –  a Capital growth Strategy…

DC

Profile photo of Paul DobsonPaul Dobson
    Participant
    @pauldobson

Hi DC

We take an each way bet on that question.  That is, we utilise our vendor finance, positive cash flow properties to support our growth oriented, buy and holds.

As to the Aus Fin Review article, my crystal ball is a bit cloudy on the one ;-)

Cheers,  Paul

Paul Dobson | Vendor Finance Institute
    http://www.vendorfinanceinstitute.com.au
    Email Me | Phone Me

An alternative way to finance your home.

Profile photo of DWolfeDWolfe
    Participant
    @dwolfe

Is this because Westpork will keep raising their interest rate whenever they want regardless of what is actually happening?

D

DWolfe | www.homestagers.com.au
    http://www.homestagers.com.au
    Email Me

Profile photo of wealth4life.comwealth4life.com
    @wealth4life.com

Yes who knows …

I only want to experience 19.33% interest rates once in my life thank you … welcome to my world … will it happen again? USA is not looking good and what would happen if China becomes the super power as predicted … also heard that 50% of all sales in the last 6 months are Chinese buyers ???

Profile photo of dcaspiradcaspira
    @dcaspira

@wealth4life

19.33% was a great time to have no debt hey!~ 

Where abouts have those sales to Chinese buyers occured?  you got access to any data on that..

There is a lot of good economic commentary about the foriegn ownership laws and how they've been placed to support housing prices, while credit became restricted.  Ala, the chinese playing their part to sustain our property growth rate.  But they suggest the data is hard to determine, ie. the impact is pretty flaky.  Here's a good light read referring to this..

http://www.domain.com.au/Public/Article.aspx?id=1266687095046&index=NationalIndex&headline=Australia++39;s%20mortgage%20debt%20blow-out

Profile photo of VeroniqueVeronique
    @veronique
    wealth4life.com wrote:
    Yes who knows …

I only want to experience 19.33% interest rates once in my life thank you

I agree! I experienced 24% overseas and it was not a pretty site!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.