All Topics / General Property / HENRY REPORT – WHAT’S IN IT ?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Profile photo of thecrestthecrest
    Participant
    @thecrest

Does anyone have any credible information on the Henry Report yet?

Are we going to be penalised for having tenants ?

Are we going to see the reinstatement of some form of probate or death duties?

Fingers crossed for all Forumites .

cheers
    thecrest

thecrest | Tony Neale - Statewide Motel Brokers
    http://www.statewidemotelbrokers.com.au
    Email Me | Phone Me

selling motels in NSW

Profile photo of YoungInvestorYoungInvestor
    Participant
    @younginvestor

http://www.henryreview.com.au/

Free newsletter and e-mail alert if you want to know information as it is released.

Profile photo of thecrestthecrest
    Participant
    @thecrest

Thanks YI, good link to a private company, but howzabout anyone posting info here,
    coz we'll need some of the Forum experts to explain it to us.
    I know I sure will.   
    cheers
    thecrest

thecrest | Tony Neale - Statewide Motel Brokers
    http://www.statewidemotelbrokers.com.au
    Email Me | Phone Me

selling motels in NSW

Profile photo of YoungInvestorYoungInvestor
    Participant
    @younginvestor

hi thecrest,

sorry about the private company – did a quick search without reading through the page :)

I'll make it up to you by posting any proper articles or opinions i pick up once more info becomes available.

Profile photo of fWordfWord
    Participant
    @fword

1. Stamp duty is doubled for purchases of non-PPOR properties.
    2. The concept of negative gearing has been abolished.

Muahahah!

Hope that's not the case.

Profile photo of sonyasalsonyasal
    @sonyasal

Now, that's not kind, you nearly gave me a heart attack. I trust that any implementaion of changes is handled better than the insulation and BER debacle. I don't think this government could organise a chook raffle!!! Let me manage the budget, as a single mum with three children I can handle a budget and make it stretch further and get value for money better than any politician or beaurocrat. ( i am sure this is spelt wrong, oh well!)

cheers

Sonya

Profile photo of DWolfeDWolfe
    Participant
    @dwolfe

I think the Henry Review is on a fast, fast track to being swept under a very big rug. Did I hear the words election year? Health reform? Low opinion polls? Tax changes …………………not on your life. Investment housing changes……………………not on your life. Forget about this and the very concept it is gone the way of the change of flag, rolling back the GST, and the National Identity Card. Going, going, gone.

While I'm sure there are recommendations to change stamp duty and other taxes on IP's, the fact is that private investment in property props the Australian property market up from the ground level. It also provides steady capital injections into the market through private investors. This frees up government spending, creates a price floor and creates and contains wealth inside Australia.

Think about it. If it ain't broke……………………………but then again that has never stopped previous govts from stuffing with money that doesn't concern them!

D

DWolfe | www.homestagers.com.au
    http://www.homestagers.com.au
    Email Me

Profile photo of fWordfWord
    Participant
    @fword

Yeah, I don't think they would touch anything sensitive with a 10-foot pole, especially if they wanted the polls to work for them.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.