Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Profile photo of Patty77Patty77
    @patty77

Hi all,

I thought that this seems like the appropriate place to introduce myself!

My name’s Pat and I’m from Melbourne. I’m married to my beautiful wife, Zoe, and we have 8 month old twins!

We currently own a 2×1 duplex (recently celebrated our 4 year anniversary on St Pat’s day), which is starting to feel a bit small. I’ve always had an interest in PI but never had the capital to do it (not that anything’s changed with 2 new family members and half the income!) but we will be looking to get ourselves a bigger place (4×2 hopefully) in the near future and I would love to keep our current place as an IP.

I love handyman work (I get it from my old man) and would love to get my teeth stuck into some reno work.

I’ll be looking around and reading lots as this forum seems to be filled with great, helpful people. I’ve got a heap of investing and financial questions running around inside of my head and this looks like just the place to get some answers!

See you around,

Profile photo of YoungInvestorYoungInvestor
    Participant
    @younginvestor

Hi Pat,

You will certainly find some motivating stories around the forums – and many of them come from people with average incomes, minimal capital, and several kids too!

I hope you enjoy your time here, and best of luck with your plans!

Profile photo of sonyasalsonyasal
    @sonyasal

Hi Pat, welcome to the forum, love the photo. I have twin girls who are now 7 1/2 years old, I am starting to feel old!!! I also have a 10 year old. i have started over after my divorce and I am so glad that I found this forum as the people are knowledgable, friendly and have such a diverse range of experiences and strategies.

I am thinking about seeing if i can pick Richard and Terry's brains in the upcoming school holidays. i should be evaluating my school program instead of chatting on this forum LOL

cheers

Sonya.

Profile photo of Patty77Patty77
    @patty77

Thanks for the welcome guys,

YI: that’s certainly great to know (and somewhat comforting!)

Sonya: nice to meet you and good to hear that you’re taking the bull by the horns! Look forward to learning so much on this forum!

Spent 3 hours last night looking at stuff on the net. Looks like we either have to move waaay out if we want to keep our PPOR for IP purposes or sell up. Trying to factor in work (I already live 45 minutes each way from work) and not wanting to move too far away from the folks and my wife’s friends (she gets a lot of moral support from them!)

Few tough decisions to be made in the near future.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.