All Topics / General Property / Credibilty of Promoters

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Profile photo of GreenerpasturesGreenerpastures
    @greenerpastures

Hi everyone,

I dont understand why Steve would be promoting the likes of Mark Rolton, when there is so much on this forum about this guy that is negative and that what he promotes from stage isnt true.

Wouldnt you think someone credible like Steve would not want to be associated with the likes of people like that.

I actually heard the other day from an ex-employee that he hasnt done a deal in the past 2 years, not sure if that is correct but how can someone promote that he does deals from stage and is not doing them?

Maybe someone can shed some light on this for me, I am becoming very disillusioned with the whole property industry especially when people with credibility start promoting potential speakers who are just taking money from people and not really producing. I know Mark Rolton isnt the only one, but doesnt it have to stop somewhere??? Isnt there anyone out there that is genuine??

Would love some feedback……

thanks

Profile photo of Paul DobsonPaul Dobson
    Participant
    @pauldobson

Hi Greenpastures

We have some friends who've just gone on the real estate speaking circuit with a promoter.  What was interesting and I believe correct, was the amount of due diligence done on our friends, by the promoter.  They had to justify, with documentation, every transaction they have done.  In order to "cover" their business, I'd expect every promoter would do the same.  You'd certainly hope so.

Cheers,  Paul

Paul Dobson | Vendor Finance Institute
    http://www.vendorfinanceinstitute.com.au
    Email Me | Phone Me

An alternative way to finance your home.

Profile photo of wealth4life.comwealth4life.com
    @wealth4life.com

Yes Paul in a perfect world,

I noticed that Mark is still using the deal he did 3 years ago in his premos … is he worth 500 million he isn't listed in Australia's top 200 rich list … these one day deals are all loaded for the up sell and kick backs, come along to my free one day seminar with 10 secret millionaire speakers to transform yr life in a second aaahhhhhh…  it is a shame that Steve is appearing to do that now …  I just believe that $6,000.00 plus is a stupid amount of money to learn how to do these types of deals – then you get the up sell like Carly $1,000.00 per month coaching , DoHolt $25,000.00 per year and Marks Conclave program $50,000.00

Sunday paper said property will double in price in the next 10 years – second concern is affordability – third concern is retirees.

Kiyosaki said the best business is in medical and retirement housing … thats what I want to learn not how to buy and sell gold and silver at a property conference.

Love the forum Steve but I and my friends will definitely not be there and I will tell as many other people to stay away as well … the science of getting rich says … move from the competitive to the creative and you will make fortunes beyond your wildest dreams.

IMHO and without prejudice.

Profile photo of DWolfeDWolfe
    Participant
    @dwolfe

Hi all,

Have to say I was very surprised to see both Carly and Mark's names on the list. Have they paid to be included? Is their spot 20 mins of advertising their wares that Steve has charged them top dollar for? Has Steve offered himself as a guest speaker for them? I really hope that it is 20 minutes of advertsing and that not all the 3 days of 9-9, 9-9, 9am-6pm is full of them selling all sots of garbage! I think if you were interested in seeing them you would attend one of their info days

I am going. It better be good (lol)!  With information more is more. You can then sort through the waffle, BS, beginner information and find a nugget or two that can help or that can change your ideas to more profitable ones.

It is a real shame you wont be there Wealthy, I would like to pick your brain!  Have you developed your big block yet?

D

DWolfe | www.homestagers.com.au
    http://www.homestagers.com.au
    Email Me

@wealth4life.com

Hi Wolfe,

240 lots including 50 duplex sites mostly 1000 m/2 because of the location … about 4 months left yet …

I have a friend in the promotion business which goes like this …

I am told that Jamie McIntyre, Knowlegesourse, – promotional companies etc get 50% commission of their course fee …

Lets say $6,000.00 and 1000 people turn up and they close 10% of audience so xxx gets $300,000.00 and Steve gets $300,000.00 assuming he follows in the foot steps of a promotion company … not saying he is but I would …

The money is in the seminars and not in the deals …

Participant
    @dwolfe

Uhhh……which one is selling AMWAY? LOL. Please tell me I haven't wasted money I could have spent on loan application fees? :)

If they are all on the same day I wont need a babysitter lol!

D

Email Me

Profile photo of businessglobalbusinessglobal
    Participant
    @businessglobal

I dont belive in any sort of slander or professional defamation. I have done Carlys course and also a few other courses, then applied my knowledge and topped up what I already knew and met some extremely good contacts that I am now using for accounting, tax, advice, architecture, design, and met one man from Central Qld which has juts given me about 70 properties to manage and about 40 to sell- so I guess I can look at it the sense that I invested time, some money, listened, answered questions, met some amazing contacts, and to date this will yield my business and property company nearly 400k – 500 k in 1 year.

Out of Carlys course I heard about some emerging areas, and I also listened a lot to other participants and found a little emerging area of Brisbane where some of the students were doing some good deals and I investigated everything ad found a subdividable property also there, did the feasibilities back to front had 4 people check them all out, plus my tax agent and now moving forward on this.

Goodluck to Steve, and no one should be resentful of anyone having a go, trying, putting together property events, bringing some great speakers together, it is up to the individual to really do their own research and decide what they wish to learn and from whom and check each person out fully.

Steve probably could be lazing on the beach, resting up, enjoying life, or doing more deals, but if he has a love also of teaching, training, support well good luck he has the best of both worlds doing something he wants, being surrounded by positive people, teaching and also earning money- no one works for nothing, or runs a business to go broke.

I have many wealthy property friends and the point they have made is they can work all day at Salvation Army or Lifeline, or they can do property, business, make profits and give away 10- 50k per year to their charities in cash or goods from their business results.

And AMWAY – well I did a case study on this business for university when I majored in Marketing and they have an absolutely huge distribution system and sell electronics, insurance, home loans, cars, computers, makeup, food products, vitamins- so nothing wrong with doing legal businesses, and direct marketing is the fastest growing enterprise in the world and allows a lot of people to have micro businesses to support their families. I actually have a friend in AMWAY making approx 1 mill per year and she travels about 10 x per year, loves her work, training, employees and lifestyle so I dont believe in criticising things or people. We are all here to learn, help, support each other, not to drag others down.

Kylie

Participant
    @dwolfe

Thanks Kylie,

I guess I am a skeptic. I don't believe any one will give you anything for free. Firstly because it has cost them something and secondly because no one values things they have been given.

I have been duped into attending a business meeting which turned out to be a huge AMYWAY spruik. I'm sure your friend makes a lot of money, but I decided a couple minutes into seeing men driving ferraris and pictures of fine houses and pumping music that it wasn't for me. I left to go to the powder room and did a runner though a dark car park at Doncaster Council. Bye bye to my wealth and my fortune in AMWAY.

I have a vested interest in seeing my portfolio grow and digging out every single piece of information I can possible find which will help me achieve my goals.

I didn't realize that what I said was slanderous or defamatory. And reading back through what I said…..it isn't. I believe in spending money on my education but I will always take what is said by ANYONE with a healthy dose of do my own research. I just want to make sure that what I pay for benefits the life I am living.

In my previous occupation is VERY COMMON for suppliers/service providers to PAY for the privilege to speak or to promote their products. My questions are legitimate.

D

Email Me

@wealth4life.com

Yes valid points, same thing happened to me last year at A Date With Destiny with Tony Robbins as I met some great business and friends contacts, not to mention very wealthy developers etc … don't have to go to a property meeting to meet property people.

My old favorite was Peter Spann and I still have his original tapes and VHS – that's right generation Y VHS not USB hahaha "kidding" LOL

Love him or hate him Henry Kaye was outstanding in his final years with content and presentation, there has been none better – problem with Henry he started to believe his own BS – Henry there is only room for one god in this world.

So IMHO between Peter and Henry's presentations are superior – there has been nothing new since then in content and execution and I have all the material to prove it as it has been given to me by people who don't need it any more.

Property options are as old as the bible, same as simultaneous settlements, JV agreements, and trading real estate,

To date I don't believe there has been 5 people come forward to say that they just made 500K using these techniques which is a shame … both Mark and Carly are high caliber people giving financial advise to the highest degree so I am sure there must be at least 100 people who have made "substantial" profits in the last 5 years of them being on circuit … right??

My only comments on here is the facts of giving financial advise, without a financial services license and how much people are willing to pay to become rich overnight or in a 2 day seminar … these deals take intelligence and lots of experience and that won't happen in 2 days unless you are sophisticated.

As for Steve go for it you deserve to make lots of commissions from their sales at the conference, charge them plenty 60/40 your way  …

God be with you all … he will not let you down.

Profile photo of Matt007Matt007
    @matt007

I think its only defamatory and slanderous if its NOT true.. and if these 'credible'presenters like Rolton would come and and prove or back up their claims, we'd all be much happier. the FACT of the matter however is that they refuse to, can't, won't or whatever. Any intelligent person would have to ask why that is.

As Wealth4Life says, SURELY with all the successful students and HIGH degrees of honesty these people have, there MUST be some people out there willing to say "Yes I have become Uber wealthy thanks to doing deals with mark rolton or carly crutchfield".

Bollocks. The information isn't new (again as W4L rightly points out), and nothing new has really been said. These spruikers sell dreams, not reality, and part fools (sadly including me at one point) from their money. It sickened me knowing what I know sitting in on one options seminar hearing what was being said, watching these people get so excited they were nearly crying with joy like FINALLY someone had shown them the light..knowing full well that the claims being made up on that stage were never going to be proven. I met one man who'd lost everything, his wife, his home, access to his child because he believed what he was told and gave it all up to pursue, believing he was going to be made wealthy. When confronted, the spruiker in question said "oh well you need to take responsibility for your actions its not my problem". If murder was legal that day…..Ive never felt such fury outside of a war zone before.

If you're an educator, say so, get up and educate. Don't say "oh these seminars are just childs play money for me I"M a REAL developer and I do deals EVERYWHERE and PEOPLE ARE LINING UP TO BUY FROM ME". the information and theory isn't the lie – in my opinion its the material used to sell that information that is questionable.

I don't know Steve, never met him, maybe never will, dont' knwo anyone who's done his courses or used his products, so cant' say anything about the man other than I kinda like his forum. I'd only comment to say one thing.. sure find profitable activities and with integrity and ethics, use them to your fullest ability…but with INTEGRITY and ETHICS also be carefu who you associate with lest ye be tarnished with the same brush.

Endeth the rant.

Profile photo of Paul DobsonPaul Dobson
    Participant
    @pauldobson

On the other hand, we bought a so called guru's manual in 2002, when we were living as expats in the middle east and decided to move home to do it.  We later attend some seminars, got some tutoring and now my wife and I both work this business full time together.

I agree, be wary and do your due diligence. Listen to the promoters and the nay sayers and you'll probably realise it's never completely black or white.  The middle road is quite often the winner  ;-)

Cheers,  Paul

Paul Dobson | Vendor Finance Institute
    http://www.vendorfinanceinstitute.com.au
    Email Me | Phone Me

An alternative way to finance your home.

Profile photo of pullypully
    @pully

these seminars are often more show business/entertainment than education/knowledge/information.

lets also be plain, history has shown some of the individuals to be cons and worse.

go for the entertainment if its free but keep your money and pen in your pocket.

make your decisions in the cold light of day and based on facts not promises and possibilities.

some of these individuals, change their names and even target other countries once they have needed to move on for various reasons.

good luck and take care. 

Profile photo of god_of_moneygod_of_money
    Participant
    @god_of_money

I CAN NOT find their NAMES in top 200 BRW Rich list

Profile photo of chriscarmanchriscarman
    Participant
    @chriscarman

Hi All

I went to a certain seminar in Brisbane just last weekend and i found it interesting to say the least.

Firstly there was at least one high profile property guru there spruiking their products – i was amused to see that at the end of each of the promotions we were offered "12999.00 worth of product for only 5999.00", as long as we signed up immediately.

This of course was the theme of the two days except for one legendary international spruiker who promised us $76000.00 worth of product for only $5999.00. Of course this came complete with preppy intro music and bouncy stage antics :P

Most interesting of the weekends events was a "moment" i had with the organiser of the event.

I was actually interested in the product of one of the presenters, to the point where i phoned my wife and told her something about the product and asked if she was prepared to let me (having been there) make the decision to purchase the product.

Needless to say, she who must be obeyed said no as she would like more information first (fair enough too)

So i went to the organisers and enquired when this particular presenter might be appearing again so that i could organise to have my wife attend that event.

I was almost gobsmacked when said organiser then tried to use an old "1970's used car sales" technique on me that involved suggesting that i was not the "man" in the relationship if i couldnt make a decision without my wifes permission etc and more comments in a similar vein continued

Needless to say the hard sell approach didnt work and i am sure the presenter would have loved to know about the actions of this particular person…

In fairness to the organiser though, i did learn some things of interest through out the weekend though and the event was decently organised, though i probably wouldnt attend again unless there was more depth of information offered *(unlikely given that each presenter is trying to get you to join their group and receive the in-depth information there)

Do i think all presenters are dodgy? No
    Do i think that members promoting their products on these forums should be vetted by the owners of the board, yes definitely.
    Do i think that presenters at a Steve McKnight seminar should be heavily vetted prior to being allowed to share the event with him, yes

IMO Steve has gained a measure of trust and respectability from his work in charities, his publications and his oft stated beliefs and i hope he isnt risking that credibility by allowing unknown quantities to promote within his business.

Profile photo of thecrestthecrest
    Participant
    @thecrest

I thoroughly enjoyed the event last year at Darling Harbour.

It got me out of the usual routine, put huge energy into my life and I used it to generate opportunities.
    The event is worth what you can mine from it. It's a mutual mining event.

The cosmos does not deliver to dead sites, drained batteries don't even put a blip on anyone's radar.
    The presenters were fascinating, full of energy, created fresh ideas and new profitable variations for me,
    enthused me in what I was already doing, provided networking opportunities,
    market updates, and an exciting 3 days in great surrounding with my fabulous partner.
    We got good value for money.
    How Steve gets paid for staging the event is his business.
    Cheers
    thecrest

thecrest | Tony Neale - Statewide Motel Brokers
    http://www.statewidemotelbrokers.com.au
    Email Me | Phone Me

selling motels in NSW

Profile photo of Retire GuyRetire Guy
    @retire-guy

Hi wealth4life,

If you are interested in retirement as an investment sector drop me a line and I will give you some angles you might be interested in.

Just to be clear – I have no interest in the sale of these properties! Just happy to share my knowledge on the sector…. ;-)

Richard

@wealth4life.com

Hi Rg,

We have been retired for 3 years since the age of 47 but thanks.

We are probably late by many on this site but with over xxxx properties and other interests to keep the cash rolling in we are kept busy.

We are into different types of property investments than the main stream, motel conversions, property debentures, aged care leasehold, liquidation sales  etc

D

Profile photo of Retire GuyRetire Guy
    @retire-guy

Excellent!! Retirement is a dirty word!

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.