All Topics / Help Needed! / Newbie to the world of property investing – Looking for seminars to learn the ropes.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Profile photo of jochristiaansjochristiaans
    @jochristiaans

Hi everyone!

I am a newbie to this site, but I have really enjoyed reading your forum posts. I am looking at entering the wonderful world of Property Investing and was looking at attending a seminar or short term course that would give me some tips and go through the do's and don'ts of property investment.

I currently have an acerage property at Spring Mountain which is between Springfield Lakes and Boronia Heights in Logan, QLD. We are about to put our property on the market and looking at making a $100,000 profit. Our next step was buying a structually sound house in Logan, Ipswich or Brisbane, doing some cosmetic improvements and selling it when the market picks up. Another option is then to use the equity that will develop (hopefully) in this house to purchase a small house and land package in one of the new Delfin estates near Redbank Plains, possibly Fernbrooke and sell for a small profit.

If anyone has any critisim about this plan, tips  or knows/runs a seminar I could attend, I would be very appreciative of your input. I have searched om google for property investment seminars but they are all linked to property groups, which I don't really want. I was looking for a beginners seminars where I could learn the following things;

– Best locations to buy in South East QLD to maixmise profit
    – What to look for in a house
    – What cosmetic changes add the most value to a house
    – Tax implications

Thanking you in advance for any replies.

Jo

Profile photo of Paul DobsonPaul Dobson
    Participant
    @pauldobson

Hi Jo

I don't know of any "beginners seminars" so I'll recommend a few books.  Even these books are written by people that would like your business but they also contain a lot of good basic information about property investing.  The books are:
    Wealth for Life by Tony Melvin
    How to Grow a Multi-Million Dollar Property Portfolio – In Your Spare Time by Michael Yardney
    From 0 to 130 Properties in 3.5 Years – Revised Edition by Steve McKnight
    The Property Puzzle by Stuart Wemyss

A great resource for find these types of books is,  http://www.businessmall.com.au/  Good luck.

Cheers,  Paul

Paul Dobson | Vendor Finance Institute
    http://www.vendorfinanceinstitute.com.au
    Email Me | Phone Me

An alternative way to finance your home.

Profile photo of wealth4life.comwealth4life.com
    @wealth4life.com

Also there is a FREE $4,001.00 real estate course on http://www.realestateedu.com.au 24 full colour modules i'm up to module 5 … very very impressive and FREE

Profile photo of Andrew_AAndrew_A
    Participant
    @andrew_a

Hi Jo,

in Brisbane I would strongly suggest you attend at least one monthly BIG meeting

First night is free (now normally 'free' can mean watch out for property sharks… but not this time!) and you get to listen to a speaker present on their area of expertise and network with other property investors, free coffee and biscuits as well. As a potential renovator I would imagine this months speaker would be a great source of help.

It's a not for profit group run by volunteers and usually they get excellent speakers (Matusik, Spann, Somers etc etc), in five years of attending I can't think of one evening I haven't learnt a few new things from.

Regards,
    Andrew

Profile photo of FinSpecFinSpec
    @finspec

Quite seriously, invest an hour or two per day just reading people's various experiences in here, and start asking questions as you start to develop your understanding of things. 

Profile photo of Ryan McLeanRyan McLean
    Participant
    @ryan-mclean

Truthfully I don’t know if this forum is exactly the place for you. No doubt you will find some good stuff on here, but a lot of the stuff on here is more about positive cash flow investing and you seem like you are looking to negatively gear and buy, renovate sell. Steve’s R.E.S.U.L.T.S program has a fair amount of renovating, developing and subdividing that could help you…but it is more a long term course and costs quite a lot.

Hit up your local library and read some books on what you want to do. It won’t tell you about your specific area but it will teach you the skills you need to assess your area and invest wisely.

Ryan McLean
    http://CashFlowInvestor.com.au
    Positive Cash Flow Properties Are Just a Click Away

Ryan McLean | On Property
    http://onproperty.com.au
    Email Me

Profile photo of gornanalb84gornanalb84
    @gornanalb84

Hello Friend…
    Understanding real estate investment is crucial because it usually involves a substantial investment and a long-term one. Moreover , the real estate market can be unpredictable.I think the seminars are beneficial for beginner.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.