All Topics / Finance / Panel Valuers

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Profile photo of keikokeiko
    Participant
    @keiko

Who are the Gold Coast panel valuers for

ING

Bank of Adalaide

NAB

HSBC

Bankwest

ANZ

And also which bank is more active to lending to savvy investors

Profile photo of keikokeiko
    Participant
    @keiko
    Profile photo of BankerBanker
    Participant
    @banker

Bit of a tricky one. The banks have taken steps to prevent customers and brokers being able to pick a valuer that they have a relationship with.

For example – when the bank orders a valuation their computer takes the data re the property and allocates it to a valuer – therefore not even the banker / broker knows who the valuer is until after the valuation is orderred (computer randomly selects the valuer).

Once this is done – that is the only valuer the bank will accept.

Over the past two years a few brokers, bankers and valuers had taken advantage of the previous system.

You would be better asking which banks allow you to select the valuer.

As far as I am aware Westpac, CbA and BankWest have no ability to choose the valuer (unless credit make an exception).

This applies to retail – not commercial.

Participant
    @banker

Re savy investors – A lot of declines with the majors at the moment come down to presentation / lack of supporting comments. If you can identify the potential reasons that you might get declined and cover off these risks in your comments (mitigate the risks in advance) – you will get a fast answer (and better chance of approval). Helps if you understand or have access to policy.

If I was raising finance I’d look for a BOQ owner operator, ANZ Franchise or CBA Mortgage Innovator-

Profile photo of Richard TaylorRichard Taylor
    Participant
    @qlds007

Sorry been flat out and couldnt get to this one until today,

Anz Bank – Depends where on the Coast but either HTW or CBRE.

ING – As above as well as Herriots.

NAB – Internal inspection from staff valuer. 

Adelaide Bank – As per Anz and ING.

Couldnt tell you about HSBC as they thankfully dont operate in the Broker sphere.

Richard Taylor | Australia's leading private lender

Participant
    @keiko
    Banker wrote:
    Re savy investors – A lot of declines with the majors at the moment come down to presentation / lack of supporting comments. If you can identify the potential reasons that you might get declined and cover off these risks in your comments (mitigate the risks in advance) – you will get a fast answer (and better chance of approval). Helps if you understand or have access to policy. If I was raising finance I'd look for a BOQ owner operator, ANZ Franchise or CBA Mortgage Innovator-

Thanks guys.

I have a unique property that will require the correct person to understand the building and its value, so i was hoping to ingage 2 or 3 valuers to see who gives the best value then present this to the bank,

My other option is to let the bank send there valuer over and then i make there job alot easier and give them recent sales of similer property's and atleast they have something that they can work and put hopefully the correct value on the property

Participant
    @banker

Are you able to expand on the type of property ?

Participant
    @keiko
    Banker wrote:
    Are you able to expand on the type of property ?

Yes, bank should love the property but the valuer I think will struggle to find another property similer, but I have spent plenty of hours finding similer properties and have documented all of this, so hopefully the valuer goes with what I have got.

Profile photo of v8ghiav8ghia
    @v8ghia
    Banker wrote:
    …..CBA Mortgage Innovator-

Participant
    @banker

Mortgage Innovators are self employed CBA bank managers. Paid like brokers but run their own branch or office – Good to know one when you want a deal turned round in 3 days.

Participant
    @keiko
    Banker wrote:
    Mortgage Innovators are self employed CBA bank managers. Paid like brokers but run their own branch or office – Good to know one when you want a deal turned round in 3 days.

any on the gold coast?

Participant
    @banker

I think so. Google Them.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.