All Topics / Commercial Property / commercial lease doc Needed

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Profile photo of keikokeiko
    Participant
    @keiko

Hi would anyone happen to have a standard REIQ Commercial lease doc or a link to one, I have the first edition but am not sure if I can still use this or not?

I am also needing a standard REIQ commercial purchase doc.

And a standard REIQ Residential purchase doc.

Would anyone have either of these or all of them.

Thanks  

Profile photo of Scott No MatesScott No Mates
    Participant
    @scott-no-mates

Two options, contact the REIQ and buy a pad of forms if they are still available. Alternatively, contact one of the commercial rea's and they may be convinced to part with a copy.

Profile photo of rinniarinnia
    Participant
    @rinnia

Dont use the standard form. Get a lawyer (a good commercial property lawyer not a conveyancing one) to do you up one to suit your needs and have the tenant pay the legal costs. They will have standard form precedents they have developed.  That what all big landlords do (unless its retail then its against the law in Qld  to have tenant pay legal costs -so it is factored into the rent).

If its leased to a retail tenant you must comply with the Retail Shop Leases Act so its a bit more complex. 

Profile photo of keikokeiko
    Participant
    @keiko
    rinnia wrote:
    Dont use the standard form. Get a lawyer (a good commercial property lawyer not a conveyancing one) to do you up one to suit your needs and have the tenant pay the legal costs. They will have standard form precedents they have developed.  That what all big landlords do (unless its retail then its against the law in Qld  to have tenant pay legal costs -so it is factored into the rent).

If its leased to a retail tenant you must comply with the Retail Shop Leases Act so its a bit more complex. 

Hi Rinnia,

most the time I just sign them up on a standard reiq lease form and add special conditions, as I find in this economy if I muck around to get a solicitor to draw a lease up and then charge the tenant it can sometimes loose the deal, so when I have a hot tenant in front of me out comes a standard lease dock and the deal is done then and there. 
    I will use a lawyer if the deal is big or the tenant asks for it

Profile photo of francinemelbourfrancinemelbour
    @francinemelbour

It is good if you seek advice from expert. It is really relevant to secure not just only commercial lease agreement. Secure all possible documents which has something to do with in your business.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.