Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Profile photo of Yuppy Hippy 101Yuppy Hippy 101
    @yuppy-hippy-101

Hi All

Just wanted to share our exciting news….. 

I have been living on the Gold Coast for 30 years, my husband, 2.5year old and myself have packed up and moved to Toowoomba.  We sold 4 properties on the Gold Coast, have 4 units left in Toowoomba that we developed. (the units are going better than the properties we had on the G.C)  I've realised that the most profit we ever made was in developing, looking forward to doing more of that in our new location. 

We are also going to be building a sustainable home to live in on 1.5 acres and grow fruit & veg and have chickens.  Since we purchased the land 1 year ago the council has rezoned and we are now in the process of subdividing the land.  We are putting our house on one side, keeping all of the land to use for ourselves for the time being and building a house next door when we are no longer able to manage the maintenance of all of the land.

I have been investing hard for about 16 years and going without for so long.  Thinking one day I will have this and that and always putting spare money into investing, being sensible with money, etc, etc.  Well, my one day is NOW.  I will continue investing but am changing my approach, less debt, less stress.  I've realised that one of the most valuable assets we all have is time.  It's something that you can never buy back.

When the time is right we are going to teach our daughter how to invest but she will also know that fruit & veg come from the ground and not the supermarket shelf.  It's great to have financial goals but it is so easy to get caught up in the game of making money and forget about what is important in life.

Here's to a balanced, stress free life.

bfree2live

Profile photo of sonyasalsonyasal
    @sonyasal

congratulations! it is nice to see that people can have a balance in their life and goals

cheers

Sonya

Profile photo of businessjettbusinessjett
    Participant
    @businessjett

I'm so excited and I don't even know you LOL. Congradulations

I'm about to try and start doing a bit of investing too, just trying to work out what is the best type of property to be investing in is for my own situation ( I have no income )

Cheers,
    Byron

Profile photo of Yuppy Hippy 101Yuppy Hippy 101
    @yuppy-hippy-101

Thanks Sonya and Byron

I picked up my new Ford Fiesta Econetic a couple of days ago.  It is the most fuel efficient car on the market at the moment.  Fits in with the sustainable, eco friendly life that we are going to create.  It's bright green!

One of my goals in life was always to have a holiday house but decided to buy into the Wyndham club (timeshare) was always put off by the pushy sales people but some of our friends bought into it and we have been visiting them when they are there.  We went away for the first time a few days ago.  We stayed at Kirra on the Gold Coast, massive two bedroom self contained, renovated apartment with ocean views for $100 per night.  Alot cheaper than a holiday house, less up keep and less stress!  We bought a resale and saved alot of money.

Good luck with your investing Byron. Have you read Steve's book?  Lot's of creative investing ideas in there.

bfree2live

Profile photo of Ryan McLeanRyan McLean
    Participant
    @ryan-mclean

I am so excited for you.

I agree that time is our number one asset. I decided early on (and I am still only 22) that time is my most important asset and that I wanted to spend that time with my family. It was because of this value that my wife and I have always worked part time. We manage to live really well off what most people would be scared of earning. We had loads of free time to spend with our new edition and I get to spend my free time learning about investing and actually investing.

I have a few strategies in place that should see us financially free in 5 years. I don’t think I would make a tree change myself, but I am definately looking forward to the days where money is not something you have to think about and constantly count so you don’t run out of it.

Ryan McLean | On Property
    http://onproperty.com.au
    Email Me

Profile photo of Yuppy Hippy 101Yuppy Hippy 101
    @yuppy-hippy-101

Hi Ryan

Thanks for reply.  It's great that you have worked out that time is SO precious at an early age.  Took me quite a few years to work it out!  Bit slow! (-:

We are loving Toowoomba, people there are so friendly and it is very child friendly.  We have finalised our house plans and plans have been submitted to council and the surveyor is working on the subdivision for our land.  Can't wait to get into more developing but trying to do things one at a time. (new concept for me!)

bfree2live

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.