Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Profile photo of Iron LadyIron Lady
    @iron-lady

Hi All

Thanks for any help
    Have not used forum much, Could not find answer elswere
    Looking at block of land for development, 760m ( 12m wide x 60m long ) Slope down away from road, One unit at the front one unit futher down slope ( behind sewer main approx 25m back )
    Can drain to rear of land via next door land if permission
    If not how high above the kirb would the unit guttering have to be
    Is there other ways e.g. Tank and pump up to road or will the later be to expensive and maintenance high
    Any thoughts or remarks will be greatly appreciated

Thanks Iron Lady

Profile photo of Ryan McLeanRyan McLean
    Participant
    @ryan-mclean

My family home is on a block that slopes away from the road and they were unable to funnel their water onto the road.

So instead all the water funnels into a pit underground. The pit is just made up of gravel underground and all the water goes there. It is cheap, and it works.

It isn’t water tight or anything and doesn’t need pumping. The water just goes into the gravel pit and then disappates into the earth.

Also, the gravel pit is far enough underground that grass/plants can grow on top of it.

Ryan McLean
    http://CashFlowInvestor.com.au
    Positive Cash Flow Properties Are Just A Click Away

Ryan McLean | On Property
    http://onproperty.com.au
    Email Me

Profile photo of RHPlanningRHPlanning
    @rhplanning

That sounds good, however, if you have clay soils, then on-site infiltration through soakwells and pits become ineffective as the soil when wet becomes impervious and the water will not infiltrate away. I would suggest you spend some dosh upfront to get an engineer on board or consult the local government to get a better idea to avoid ending up with a nasty surprise.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.