All Topics / Help Needed! / Depreciation Report for 60 yr old house?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Profile photo of omiyomiy
    Participant
    @omiy

I have just bought a 60 yr old house near Wagga Wagga. Should I get a depreciation report on the property? Can anyone recommend a good quantity surveyor near Wagga Wagga?

Thanks

Profile photo of Richard TaylorRichard Taylor
    Participant
    @qlds007

Unless there has been some serious renovations you wont be getting to much in the way of Capital Allowance claims and without knowing whats inside it is hard to comment on Depreciation.

Why not contact someone like "Depreciator" or "Washington Brown" and see what they have to say.
    Most QS forms will give you an indication of what is likely to be claimed over the phone without spending your hard earned.

Richard Taylor | Australia's leading private lender

Profile photo of Ryan McLeanRyan McLean
    Participant
    @ryan-mclean

Contact your real estate agent that your bought the property through and ask them if they can pass on the details of a depreciator. If that doesn’t work try calling other real estate agents in the area. If that still doesn’t work you can ask solicitors.

If all else fails just go to yellowpages.com.au or Google.

I found my builder and pest inspector through my solicitor.

Ryan McLean
    http://CashFlowInvestor.com.au
    Positive Cash Flow Properties Are Just A Click Away

Ryan McLean | On Property
    http://onproperty.com.au
    Email Me

Profile photo of maree_bradrossmaree_bradross
    @maree_bradross

Is everything still original? We have a 60+ year old house and it was certainly worth our while to get one done. We used Catalyst

Profile photo of omiyomiy
    Participant
    @omiy

Thanks for all your help.

I contacted Washington Brown and asked for an estimate. Certainly worthwhile.

Profile photo of Dylan33Dylan33
    @dylan33

Maree-bradros What sorts of things qualified? I have an old house and didn’t think it would be worth it.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.