All Topics / Help Needed! / Over looking i need a Pro who deals with Investing??

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Profile photo of peterpithpeterpith
    @peterpith

Hi Guys,

Im sick and tired of reading people's story's on how easy property investing is and attending these bull sh#t  free seminars that then want you pay $5k on how to find the right property…what a load of crap.

Im not really clueless but at the same time I can't make a choice.

I would now like to know where I can get professional help without paying silly costs like 5k.

Can anyone help me on the following:

1. How much does this service cost
    2. Can they provide me with location's and what to buy.
    3. loan Advice.

Thanks

Peter.

Profile photo of traceyimbtraceyimb
    Participant
    @traceyimb

Hi Peter,

What state do you live in? Are you looking for a new property or one that you can add value to?
    I may be able to refer you to someone and I am sure there are a lot of other people on the forum that can make recommendations too.

Cheers,
    Tracey

Profile photo of allycatallycat
    Participant
    @allycat

Hi Pete,property investing isnot  always easy people love to talk about their successes,but not so much about their failures or break evens,thats the nature of most people.1.buy steves book or attend seminar$40.2yes. 3.your local property finance broker.good luck

Profile photo of Richard TaylorRichard Taylor
    Participant
    @qlds007

I agree must admit i have never spent a cent on a seminar and that is not because I am a tight arse but because i often cant convince myself that the host is going to teach me something new or worthwhile.

I am not saying i am an expert but all i am saying is you not need to spend a fortune to educate yourself.

With regards to a loan structure it is a matter of dealing with someone who can work out a plan of attack for you and then sticking to it and persevering. Understand reasons why most investors fail in their financing.

You wont make a fortune overnight but time is a wonderful tool and if you buy a quality asset in the right suburb it is likely to outperform most other asset classes over the longer term.

Richard Taylor | Australia's leading private lender

Profile photo of benc10benc10
    Participant
    @benc10

Hi peter I was in your shoe's not to long ago, im on a good income but felt i was wasting my money so I turned to property investing and will never look back, my best advice would be to educate yourself first before taking any action knowledge is power its so true, at least sound like you know what your talking about.
    Steve's 0-130 properties in 3.5 years is a good start try to stay away from those so called free seminars because usally the speaker is a developer and is trying to sell his deals.
    A couple of good steps find an accountant that is good with property get yourself a mortgage broker and know your risk profile.
    Know whether your willing to stay local to your area or are willing to look else where that will make things alot clearer in your mind.

Best of luck enjoy

Profile photo of RHPlanningRHPlanning
    @rhplanning

Stop looking for ‘bargains’ as they don’t exist – instead, look at ways you can add value and invest for the long term, as that is where the real results exist.

Profile photo of Ryan McLeanRyan McLean
    Participant
    @ryan-mclean

Hey Peter,

I run a Positive Cashflow Property Finding Service (that’s a mouthful).

My website is http://CashFlowInvestor.com.au

Basically what I do is I find positive cash flow properties and then give you the details of all the properties I find. It is WAY cheaper than the seminars which are 5k and loads cheaper than Buyer’s Agents or Property Brokers. See we give you the information and the contact details of the real estate agents and the rest is up to you. We don’t offer loan advice but I can put you onto a mortgage broker.

COST: Usually $200/month but currently at $100/month (but not for long).

We have a limit of 100 members (to limit competition) so you might have to go on a waiting list for about a month if there isn’t a spot. But this could be the solution you are looking for.

Loads of positive cashflow properties, small price and we give you all the details you need.

Ryan McLean
    http://CashFlowInvestor.com.au
    Positive Cash Flow Properties Are Just A Click Away

Ryan McLean | On Property
    http://onproperty.com.au
    Email Me

Participant
    @qlds007

Ryan had a look at your website but couldnt see anywhere that you were licensed to operate such a service.

Can you confirm that the you hold the new PIL required by ASC.

Hate to see unlicensed advisers trying to spruik their wares on the forum.

Profile photo of Anthony.AounAnthony.Aoun
    Participant
    @anthony.aoun

Hello Peter,

This is a FREE service and can help with your request; http://searchinvestmentproperties.com.au/

1. How much does this service cost – FREE
    2. Can they provide me with location's and what to buy. – YES
    3. loan Advice. – YES

AA

Profile photo of Matt007Matt007
    @matt007

Hi Qlds007

Whats the PIL from ASC? I haven't had a chance to update on all this yet….

Profile photo of Benjamin CsikosBenjamin Csikos
    Participant
    @benjamin-csikos

You need a license to hunt down cashflow positive properties?

Come on now. Anyone can spend their day surfing the internet and hunting through property websites, and then pass it to a friend. Why would you need a license for that?

Profile photo of Benjamin CsikosBenjamin Csikos
    Participant
    @benjamin-csikos

Oh and Pete,  sounds like you're looking for someone to hold your hand and give you confidence.

Truth of the matter is, it's extremely rare to find someone that is happy to give good, solid, well educated advice that isn't pushing a hidden agenda of some sort.  

There really is no substitute for your own education. My best advice?  Go down to the bookstore and spend a few hundred bucks on property investing books. Read them all.   If you don't want to spend money, hit up the library.

Once you've read enough that you can speak the jargon that you hear all the time without even meaning to, then perhaps have a look around for business networking groups to join.  Places like 'cashflow' board gamers etc. They do exist. People that all are wanting to make plenty of money, and want to surround themselves with like minded people. (Cashflow is the board game that robert kiyosaki invented that he talks about in the book 'Rich Dad, Poor Dad.'

Sounds like you just need a mate that you can bounce off.

P.s. Steve Mcknight seems pretty genuine. The thing that got me sold on his book originally was the acknowledgment to Jesus Christ in the beginning of the book.  I think if you asked him to give away every cent he owned if it meant it was the only thing that would save a single persons soul, he'd do it.  Someone that puts the person before the coin is a pretty good bet for sound advice. But it's always up to you to be discerning.

Participant
    @qlds007

Hi Ben

Might want to check out the new property investing ASC licences required when you are in the business of providing a so called service for sourcing property.

Real Estate agents selling investment properties will also need to be Licensed accordingly.

Obviously bird dogging the odd deal here or there for a quick drink or spotters fee but for promoting and advertising positve cash flow properties or other such bargains you will need to be licensed.

Profile photo of Dan42Dan42
    @dan42
    Benjamin Csikos wrote:
    You need a license to hunt down cashflow positive properties?

Come on now. Anyone can spend their day surfing the internet and hunting through property websites, and then pass it to a friend. Why would you need a license for that?

Because he's charging 100 bucks a month!

You need the licence when you are charging people for a financial service. And I'm sure ASIC would see that a financial service is being provided. Otherwise, why would people pay $100 per month for something they could do themselves for free?

Profile photo of oldinvestoroldinvestor
    @oldinvestor

Hi Richard,
    This is my first post.  I have been looking at the forum today and was curious about your post.  Do you mean ASIC or ASC?
    I went to the ASIC site and can't find anything about property investment licences.  Googled the term and couldn't find anything either.  I didn't know I should be checking that someone has this before we buy a property from them.  Could you please let me know some more details about this licence?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.