All Topics / Finance / Cashflow Positive New Homes – NRAS Allocations in Adelaide

Viewing 4 posts - 21 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Profile photo of markymarkomarkymarko
    @markymarko

If anyone has any SOLID evidence relating to the Banks attitude/policies towards financing NRAS properties in their current  "straight freehold structure" I would be most appreciative. Are the Banks up to date with these changes? Has anyone just gone through the process recently? Why would a sellers agent be cloaking "side agreements" into contacts if  financing such properties is apparently no longer an issue?

Profile photo of nickwnickw
    @nickw

HI all, im new to property investing so please bear with me.

I have taken a look at it, and can see samples they show of someone with a 50k salary. I can see that the calculations are based off the interest rates back in 2009 at 5.74%. Now that they are approx 7%, would I be correct in thinking the NRAS developments will no longer be cashflow positive?

Profile photo of Building AssetsBuilding Assets
    Participant
    @building-assets

Hi there,

If you go to our website, http://www.buildingassets.com.au , and download the information memorandum, you will see three examples in South Australia that are all cashflow positive. Rgds,

Rob

Profile photo of crustycrusty
    Participant
    @crusty

Rob it appears to me in the examples the +CF is smoke and mirrors. The figures on the first example dont account for the borrowing cost or opportunity costs the  of $ 59,000 deposite. Especially on an LVR  of 90% the interest rate will be higher then 6.25%.   You should account  for a least 7% probably more.  Interest on   425k @ 7% is 30k     Income even with grant is 25k. Even with a loan of 365k the cash flowing in wont match the cash flowing out.    I also notice  you  have to factor in  tax deduction at a rate of 41.5%  to make this appear CF+. and also count capital gains as cash flow.  AS a  stand alone investment I dont think it stacks up.   There are numerous more efficient  ways to minimise tax without  deliberately making a loss. Another poorly implemented scheme from the Krudd government

Viewing 4 posts - 21 through 24 (of 24 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.