All Topics / Help Needed! / First investment property?

Viewing 10 posts - 21 through 30 (of 30 total)
  • Profile photo of number 8number 8
    Participant
    @number-8

Sorry Mate, I cannot get a feel for the serenity over the internet……..

You will need to do some real foot work (due diligence) on this one…….

All the best.

http://www.birchcorp.com.au

Note: If you get stuck drop me an email or like, I could guide you where possible.

Profile photo of AlchemisstAlchemisst
    Participant
    @alchemisst

Thanks, Its not that I've just decided to buy an ip on a whim though I have looked into it in the past numerous times never looked feasible though. I'll definitely have a good look into doing it this way.

Thanks for the advice guys.

Regards,

Alex.

Profile photo of davedoriandavedorian
    Participant
    @davedorian

Hi Alchemisst
    It is still possible to purchase good investment property for around $220,000 that will rent out for around $300 per week in the Sydney outer West.
    I purchased two last week, one for $201,000 and the other for $193,000.
    The first one will need about $10,000 reno and will the n rent out for around $280 to $300 per week
    The second one is better as it is one that someone has done most of the fix-up already and only needs about a weeks work and $10,000 spent on it. This one can rent for at least $300 per week as it is has 4 bedrooms on a large block with large garage. One of my clients just purchased one in Penrith for $230,000 in January. It will also need about $10,000 spent on it as well, is already tenanted for for $280 per week with the renters willing to pay $300 once the $10,000 work is done. I own in the street only 5 doors up that gets $320 per week and was recently revalued at $295,000 – I paid $240,000.
    There are many great deals around at the moment in Sydney outer west for those who know what they are doing. We run weekly seminars for people who wish to learn about property investing in Sydney West. Check out the website http://www.tnpm.com.au

Profile photo of DWolfeDWolfe
    Participant
    @dwolfe

Still all tiny studios that will require larger deposits upfront. Don't love it. What is wrong with a 2 bedder further out for the same price?
    do cosmetic reno then get a depreciation schedule done.

D

DWolfe | www.homestagers.com.au
    http://www.homestagers.com.au
    Email Me

Profile photo of mensforthmensforth
    @mensforth

Gday Alchemist,
    Just a thought for a strategy  that we used originally and now run as a full time business.
    House relocation.
    A cheap way to get into the market and depending on where you put the home you can get a great rental return or quick reno and sell for a profit.  Go to http://www.home-delivery.net.au for more info.

Cheers,

Simon and Anka

Profile photo of benc10benc10
    Participant
    @benc10

Looking for a bit of advise I have a PPOR in newcastle, 2 IP's 2 bed unit in logan central qld, 3 bed house in kurunjang vic and waiting for finance finally for a 3 bed house in Orange nsw which should all be settled in the next 2 months.
    I'm having problems with finance because Im a professional athlete and am on contract based wages all 3 IP have a good return will be CFP in the 1st year but looking for lenders that are willing to lend to people in my situation.
    Lenders are a bit hesitant because the IP's were purchased last september and in the process for the orange property please let me know if anyone has any idea what I can do to help me purchase more properties more quickly.

Thank you

Profile photo of benc10benc10
    Participant
    @benc10

Looking for a bit of advise I have a PPOR in newcastle, 2 IP's 2 bed unit in logan central qld, 3 bed house in kurunjang vic and waiting for finance finally for a 3 bed house in Orange nsw which should all be settled in the next 2 months.
    I'm having problems with finance because Im a professional athlete and am on contract based wages all 3 IP have a good return will be CFP in the 1st year but looking for lenders that are willing to lend to people in my situation.
    Lenders are a bit hesitant because the IP's were purchased last september and in the process for the orange property please let me know if anyone has any idea what I can do to help me purchase more properties more quickly.

Thank you

Participant
    @alchemisst
    DWolfe wrote:
    Still all tiny studios that will require larger deposits upfront. Don't love it. What is wrong with a 2 bedder further out for the same price?
    do cosmetic reno then get a depreciation schedule done.

D

Problem is there aren't many further out for around that price.. also the rental vacancies will likely be higher and the rent lower and there would be more maintenance on an actual house.

Regards,

Alex.

Profile photo of DWolfeDWolfe
    Participant
    @dwolfe

I found some under 250k that, granted, were Western suburb Syd, but it is all about doing your research and finding real deals not just opting for things that look easy. How often does the hotel need repairs or refurbishment? Do you need to pay for those? How often is that particular room let? What is the occupancy rate of the hotel? When you have all the answers you possibly can get then you are able to make the right decision for your investing future. If you want to buy it, can get finance for it and it is the best deal you could possibly buy then get it.

D

DWolfe | www.homestagers.com.au
    http://www.homestagers.com.au
    Email Me

Participant
    @alchemisst

I wasn't talking about the hotels i was convinced they were a bad idea already. The other ones I linked aren't hotels.

Regards,

Alex.

Viewing 10 posts - 21 through 30 (of 30 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.