All Topics / Help Needed! / Buyer agents in Melbourne

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Profile photo of traxtrax
    @trax

Hi, I’m new to the forum. Its been a huge source of info, so thanks to everyone. We’re based in Singapore and looking to buy an investment property in Australia.

Sydney was our first choice as we already have a house there, but looking at the way prices are going, I think Melbourne might be a better option. We are looking to buy a place for up to $600k (preferably 2 bedrm), but would consider buying a 1 bedrm for less, and then another a bit later. We are Australian citizens, so there is no problem there. Also, we will probably put down a decent sized deposit, so should not have too many problems with getting a loan. We are not big on risk, so although I know we could buy several properties further out, we would rather go with something in a fairly blue chip area. Brunswick, Hawthorn, Kew and Richmond look interesting. We would like to find something with capital growth potential over the long term, but also something that will rent fairly easily.I have looked at loads on the net, and read through pages and pages, but it is very difficult to assess something accurately from afar. We’d prefer an older building and something that has not been renovated up to the hilt.

We are thinking of looking at using a Buyers Agent if we were to buy in Melbourne, as I could possibly do one trip there, but not back and forth (we have kids, so it is not just about airfares). Also, we’ve never done an auction, and I’m not sure that my negotiation skills are that hot! Does anyone have any good recommendations for Buyers Agents covering the Melbourne area? I have seen recommendations for the NSW area but not really for Melbourne.

We will be in Sydney for about 3 days at the end of next week, but not sure that we will have time to get to Melbourne as we have commitment, being the reason for the trip.

Thanks so much for any help – have have done a lot of searching on the forum, so I’m not just being lazy! Honest.

Profile photo of garybatzgarybatz
    Participant
    @garybatz

Hi,

Try Michael Ramsay, buyers agent in Melbourne…

Profile photo of Investors ZorbaInvestors Zorba
    @investors-zorba
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.