All Topics / Help Needed! / locating information on population size of victorian towns

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Profile photo of sonyasalsonyasal
    @sonyasal

Hi, what is the quickest way to find out the population of towns in victoria or any other state for that matter?

cheers

Sonya

Profile photo of ducksterduckster
    Participant
    @duckster

Go to Google and type in Town name
    and then follow it with the word demographics
    Then click on search
    or
    goto http://www.abs.gov.au
    and in the google search of the abs type in the town name and search the abs

Profile photo of DWolfeDWolfe
    Participant
    @dwolfe

There is a good free report on RP Data in which you put in suburb and it gives you a chart with percentage of renters, home owners etc also gives population/growth. ABS is also really good for demographics. Shopping again Sonya? I'm about to go shopping again too!

D

DWolfe | www.homestagers.com.au
    http://www.homestagers.com.au
    Email Me

Profile photo of sonyasalsonyasal
    @sonyasal

i think I have become a compulsive property shopper!! i need to start looking at properties out of NSW to avoid paying land tax. Anyone got  any towns outside NSW that are good to look at? I ahve been looking at Horsham and Ballarat. I have had good experiences in Gunnedah as far as NSW towns go and have a great property manager if anyone is looking to buy in regional nSW.

cheers
    Sonya

Profile photo of Dr.SpockDr.Spock
    Participant
    @dr-spock

Hi everyone,

Can people tell me how important they believe the percentage of renters in an area looking to purchase is important when doing due diligence. eg if you were going to reno and sell does it matter so much the amount of people that are going to rent compared to if you were going to reno and hold?

thanks

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.