All Topics / Finance / Finance for NRAS purchases

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Profile photo of rinniarinnia
    Participant
    @rinnia

Hi

I posted this somewhere else but didn't get a reply so I will try again.

If anyone has made an NRAS purchase, in particular with QAHC, can you let me know which bank you used? NAB want to charge me a fee for their legal team to review the documents but I thought I saw someone else say here they went through NAB. If so maybe I can contact them. I understand that Bendigo and MECU are financing these but if anyone has any other ideas gratefully accepted.

I havent signed a contract or anything as I am in the research stage but certainly do not want to be dictated to by the bank and neither do I want to pay NAB to educate themselves on a new investment class!  They are also talking cross collaterisation so I know theres a lot of opinion on that here!  (which has been very helpful)

Cheers

R

Profile photo of Richard TaylorRichard Taylor
    Participant
    @qlds007

We have a couple of deals going through the NAB and havent struck any problems to date.

Richard Taylor | Australia's leading private lender

Profile photo of rinniarinnia
    Participant
    @rinnia

thanks Richard

I thought that might be the case-I am dealing with Sydney office and it maybe that they havent come across NRAS much as its not gained much headway here. I assume that you go through Brisbane. If I have anymore trouble I might drop you a line.  Also trying to work out how to structure loans, who's name to use , how much, etc etc.
    Sooo much to think about

PS The ATO have now issued a letter to QAHC which confirms that the tax credits will be passed on if it is a head lease situation. Interesting thing it says that this does not apply to trustees of family trusts AND husband and wife partnerships-implies that you may have trouble if a couple buy in both names. I wasn't going to do this but this might cause concern for some.

Cheers

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.