All Topics / Value Adding / Deck Value

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Profile photo of ryno_0000ryno_0000
    @ryno_0000

Gday all,

i currently live in a ppor which is a 3 bed 2 bath WIR Patio double lock up garage, with garden shed. i have just built a deck that extended the patio by 9 square metres, to around 27m squared im just wondering how you can get an idea of any value it would have added. any help would be great cheers

Profile photo of allycatallycat
    Participant
    @allycat

Hi Ryno,I remember our tax depreciation/capital allowance person had a guide she worked off.But why not ring your lender and ask for a valuation.Not a drive by,but a room by room.Most do a free one per year,if not mention you're looking for an IP,and are seeing how much eqiity you now have and are going to borrow through them again.good luck

Profile photo of ClintHarrisClintHarris
    Participant
    @clintharris

Be sure to let us know what the end result is.  Interested to know.

Thanks,

Clint

Profile photo of Ryan McLeanRyan McLean
    Participant
    @ryan-mclean

I would be very interested to know if a deck adds value. Obviously it can add value when selling it, but will a lender take that into account when revaluing your property.

I am keen to hear the results of this experiement.

Ryan McLean
    http://CashFlowInvestor.com.au
    Positive Cash Flow Properties Are Just A Click Away

Ryan McLean | On Property
    http://onproperty.com.au
    Email Me

Profile photo of christianbchristianb
    Participant
    @christianb

Valuers are not immune to the benefits of good design!
    So, if a place "feels" bigger and more open this must affect their opinions – at least subconsciously.
    Adding a deck or other features that improve the flow or the usefulness of a property can surely benefit the property. I guess the trick is to know where to spend the money for best effect.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.