All Topics / Help Needed! / Rental Final Walk throughs with Tenants – how much do you leave it to your property manager?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Profile photo of mackitty10mackitty10
    @mackitty10

My tenant has given notice to vacate in one month time as this is my first tenant what role or rights do i have in this as I do have a property manage.  i am afraid my property manager is not good at what she is doing. I have done 3 inspections before with the property manager and I have noticed there are cigarette burnts on the carpet, hole in the door, blinds are bent and wall heater falling off. She always brushed it off as wear and tear!  Do I have the right to be there to do the final check? Do any of you do a final walk through inspection when a tenant is vacating with the tenants? I do have a copy of the property condition prior to renting out. What is consider wear and tear?

Profile photo of maree_bradrossmaree_bradross
    @maree_bradross

that is not acceptable wear and tear in my books. I haven't been in your situation, they probably should have been issued with a breach once you identified them. You need to be proactive and have breaches issued and push for quotes for the repairs. That way you can keep some of the bond. Although the danger is they will stop paying rent and there won't be enough bond money to cover the damages.
    I would be ditching the PM once this is over

Profile photo of Anthony.AounAnthony.Aoun
    Participant
    @anthony.aoun

No, this is not normal. Maybe a better system may have helped you. Sorry. Prior to the next tenant… here are some resouces:

Resources

1) Property Inspection Checklist (PDF)
    2) How to Select a Property Manager (PDF)
    3) Rental Assessment Checklist (PDF)

Good luck.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.