All Topics / Help Needed! / Can you recommend an accountant?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Profile photo of markh3084markh3084
    Participant
    @markh3084

Hello all,

First up, these forums are great! I am a very new member but wanted to express what a great find this site is!
    Its amazing to see how many people have expertise in finance, realestate, tax, law etc and are willing to give up some of their time to help out others. Obviously its a great way to form working relationships, and that the help I need at the moment.

A lot of my reading has pointed out the importance of building a good team of experts to work with you to help you achieve your goals.

My wife and I live in north east Melbourne (Heidelberg area) and are looking for an accountant in Melbourne that we can talk to about our how to go about our property investment plans. Can someone recommend one they have used?

I'd prefer to use a Melbourne based accountant (because I prefer to speak to people face to face initially , I think it would help me to assess whether the relationship will work or not) but does anyone use an inter state accountant and find that its a good working relationship? Are their any issues to be aware of when using an interstate accountant?

I know this is a few questions in one, but your help would be appreciated

many thanks

Mark

Profile photo of markh3084markh3084
    Participant
    @markh3084

P>S  I was thinking of Chan and Naylor? Anyones views???

Thanks

Mark

Profile photo of smtiesmtie
    @smtie

Yeap, i was thinking of Chan and Naylor too (http://www.chan-naylor.com.au)  . They have a branch in every capital city.

Profile photo of Richard TaylorRichard Taylor
    Participant
    @qlds007

Be prepared to have the chequebook open and plenty in it.

Certainly think you an do better than C & N.

Richard Taylor | Australia's leading private lender

Profile photo of markh3084markh3084
    Participant
    @markh3084

Hi Richard,

I did have a look at their website, which includes a price list. I too thought that maybe it would be easy to quickly run up a bill. Do you think I can do better than C & N based on their prices or on services? Can you recommend someone else?

Thanks

Mark

Profile photo of trusteetrustee
    @trustee

I know of people who have worked with C&N and they confirm that they are overpriced and only really known by their appearance at seminars and not because of any special ability.  They simply live off the clients they sucker in from their seminars and rip them off for heaps on what is on many occasssions just basic knowledge that any good accountant could tell you.

Gatherum Goss in Melbourne can do the same thing at a cheaper rate and over the phone.  Give them a call and make some inquiries there first.  Much better service and support.

Profile photo of ScratchScratch
    @scratch

I haven't personally delat with C&N, but after a recent thread on this website about their Property Investor Trust and them falsely using another experts quote as a reference I would be stearing clear. 

Integrity in business is paramount for me.  Just a thought!

Shane 

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.